Green Motion

Options
John_Zhang
John_Zhang Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 23 April 2018 at 6:35PM in Consumer rights
Dear Sir or Madam:
Please find attached pictures, I have booked a car through Green Motion car rental Before I took the car, I was asked to pay unlimited mileage ( was not online at the time), then I had to pay £143 for 4-day insurance (I was not aware of it) 800 pounds of excess fee , on top of £166, a total of £309 for 4 days rental. The car was not washed properly. When I brought it back, a staff spotted a scratch ( see pictures), as an experienced driver, I knew I did not make that scatch. It was too late to argue that, I was told I need to pay £435 for the scratch, I have tried many times to contact them ( please see email below). They insist that I need to pay for it although it is the very high price.
I would appreciate that I can get some help from you.

Regards
Zhang

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Confused not sure what you are asking of this forum .Any help or comments are one persons view .

Paid £309 for rental and accepted that price before using .

Scratch usual story for hire cars user denies and price is in their estimation high .
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A quick search online before you booked with them would have give this {see below}, personally I do not know who is worse this company or Goldcar

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/greenmotion.co.uk
  • John_Zhang
    John_Zhang Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 November 2018 at 12:35PM
    Options
    I was charged 435 for scratches that I did not even make. {Edited by Forum Team}
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Search here or the Motoring forum for Green Motion - you'll find some other threads about them (none of them being complimentary).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure