Weekly Spend Challenge W/C 5th May 2013

EverTheOptimist
EverTheOptimist Posts: 2,694 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 7 May 2013 at 12:16PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Hello everyone. Welcome to the Weekly Spend Challenge. This challenge is open to anybody, no matter what financial place they are in.

On this thread please post an amount of money you wish to stay below within the week (Sunday to end of working day on Friday). This can be pennies or thousands it depends on the individual. Then next Saturday report back and pledge for the following week. The challenge runs from Sunday to Friday so we don't include Saturdays but feel free to change the rules to suit you and include Saturdays or start on a different day.

Feel free to update this thread with daily spends if that keeps you on track. We colour code the results as below:

Green - within budget
Red - overbudget
Purple - zero spend
Orange - made money over the week

This is a little bit of fun but for many it highlights the fact that maybe that magazine/chocolate bar isn't needed. Hopefully your spending habits can be changed forever.

Moozie was the founder of this challenge and here is a quote taken from her:

Originally Posted by Moozie:
"Good afternoon lovely DFWs Now for anyone looking in, please feel free to join - the more the merrier! Basically, decide on the amount you want to spend up to from Sunday until the end of the working day on Friday then pledge it here and off we go! The challenge is about incidental spending and not for stuff that should be budgeted elsewhere such as bills, groceries, debt repayment etc but you decide what to include at the end - this is about changing your habits and improving your recording of your spends more than anything else. Have a great week everyone and keep it low!!! Moozie x"

Good Luck Everyone

W/C 28th April 2013 Challengers / Pledges / Total Spent

EverTheOptimist - £30 / £39.95
Prettyplease - £100 / £162.30

AGirlWrites - £80
Lottie1987 - £70 / £15.22
32b32013 - £50 / RED
MissE001 - £145 / £90.80
Munchin - £40 / RED
Baileys Babe - £5 / £0
Flyinggiraffe - £50 / GREEN
GemmaN - £20/ £47.91
busybumblebee - £50 / £55.56
Laconic - £200 / £127.98
LocalAngel - £15 /£5.24
Trajal - £15
strummergirl - £20 / £22.49
Lucky Clover - £80 / £74.54
Moneytree1 - £50

W/C 5th May 2013 Challengers / Pledges / Total Spent

EverTheOptimist -£65
Lucky Clover - £50
32b32013 - £100
Baileys Babe - £5
Laconic - £200
Casperthefriendlyghost - £10
GemmaN - £80
Munchin - £40
Lottie1987 - £70
Prettyplease - £60
flyinggiraffe - £40
strummergirl - £20
LocalAngel - £30
MissE001 - £120
SPC 14 Target £200 /
Debt: £11850

Comments

• EverTheOptimist
    Well I didn't have a good April. Spends wise. :(

So here's to a better May, with baby ETO due to arrive I'm hoping I'm not going to be going too far or spending too much. We've already agreed anything for baby will come of our joint account. Unless its something I really want to buy for bab. :D

However plans for this week.

Petrol - £20
    Groceries - £25
    Personal spends - £20

= £65
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello

I didn't even bother counting for last week, I lost track after Sunday!!

I am back in though. my budget for this week is £100. I am going horse racing on Monday so an expensive day, but I am not at work for the week so hopefully I won't spend much.

Hope everyone is OK.

32b3 xx
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • Lucky_Clover
    Lucky_Clover Posts: 14 Forumite
    Congratulations on the imminent arrival of your baby ETO is it your first? Will you have the time to do this thread once your hands are full?
    Expensive babies are--- well my daughter still is 20 years on!! From my experience sons are a lot cheaper.

£50 will be a challenge this week. Will do a bit of a shop with it tomorrow at Tescos. Still stocked with fish in freezer.

Plans??? -- just food stuff and a few toiletries I guess. No petrol expenses for me as I don't have a car and walk everywhere. Would love to buy bedding for the beds in my spare room--- but no cash to spare this month.

Happy weekend all :-)
  • EverTheOptimist
    Congratulations on the imminent arrival of your baby ETO is it your first? Will you have the time to do this thread once your hands are full?
    Expensive babies are--- well my daughter still is 20 years on!! From my experience sons are a lot cheaper.

Happy weekend all :-)

Thanks Lucky Clover. It is our first, and we have no idea what we are having. I'm hoping I should be able to pop on here every now and then. Even if its just to set the thread up. I shall see how it goes. :D I'm under no illusions as to how hard and tired i'll be.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
  • Laconic
    Laconic Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Well I didn't have a good April. Spends wise. :(

So here's to a better May, with baby ETO due to arrive I'm hoping I'm not going to be going too far or spending too much.

Congrats! :D Here's to a totally uneventful birth! :T
    LBM: June 2023. Amount owed: ~£10,000I've gone debt free before, I can do it again!
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Last week I pledged to spend no more info than £5 & my fiver is still in tact :j

Please put me down for £5 for this week.

ETO thank you for running the thread.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Hi!

Well, that was a mental two weeks, but I'm back and am allocating £10 this week again. Totally lost track, it was so busy! Joined the gym recently and seem to be spending more time there and at work than at home lol! Am really motivated to get fit and lose weight, so am making the most of it.

ETO
    all the best and take care x Thanks for the new thread! Looking forward to it!

Hope everyone has a great week and bank holiday weekend.

Casper
    xx
    LBM Feb 09[STRIKE] £64 427.32[/STRIKE] £13 700.59! Sub £15 000!
    DFD July 2018
    GC 01Dec ~ 30Dec £40.00 SSF £00.00
    NSD 00/20 WSC (08~14) £13.59 SSF £00.00 DFW Nerd 319 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
    "Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve every problem by shagging it?!"
  • GemmaN
    GemmaN Posts: 42 Forumite
    Hey!

Mine is going to be £80 this week....mainly due to the fact that my poor Guina Pig has had to be rushed to the vets, so I will be needing to pay for that :( (That is about £60 towards the vet fees and then £20 personal spends!)

ETO Thank you for this thread, it is helping me note what money I'm spending - which is fantastic! Good luck with the baby!! :D
    2013 Challenges: VSP #68: £12.25 June Grocery Challenge: £10/£50 #50 in the 50p Savers Club

Debts: £1625 of £13600

Comps Won: (Apr 13) Batteries!
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all

Oh dear tracking went out the window last week:o. Please put me down as red and I'll start again this week. I'm aiming for £40 again and I will track properly:)
  • EverTheOptimist
    GemmaN wrote: »
    Hey!

Mine is going to be £80 this week....mainly due to the fact that my poor Guina Pig has had to be rushed to the vets, so I will be needing to pay for that :( (That is about £60 towards the vet fees and then £20 personal spends!)

ETO Thank you for this thread, it is helping me note what money I'm spending - which is fantastic! Good luck with the baby!! :D

Ah really hope your guinea pig is ok. :( if you're anything like me you'll spend anything to fix a pet.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family