December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• black_cat
    black_cat Posts: 703
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I found this thread too late to join, but I'm following with interest - and following the rules on my own. Will you all be doing something similar in January? Please say yes! :)

Good luck to you all!
  • NSD 6 today. Feeling better about this challenge now. Tomorrow will be a NSD too!!
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have to be honest, I broke some of the rules of this challenge hence I shall withdraw as an official member for this month and rejoin the January challenge. I have learnt a lot and will keep recording all my spends etc in prep for next month but I think it was a bit too much for me now. I'll keep reading and cheerleading etc though. More tomorrow

X
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • YAYYYYYYYY JAMIEEEEEE!!!!! Well done! I knew you'd feel better once it was gone :D:D:D:D

WB Kat - well done on staying alive *ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive, staying alive*

Still no spends for me since Monday. NSD #8 Woooooh!! Made some crazy 'cakes' with plain chocolate, a bit of stork, all melted around broken digestive biscuits, cornflakes & ginger. SO good! Dinner was nice and normal too :D pork chops, mash, & veggies.

Tomorrow is a spend day. Need to get the ASDA delivery sorted (remind me to get ketchup & cookie cutters please :D) Cookie cutters because I am making cookie gift tags with icing names to jazz up the otherwise small and frugal Christmas gifts for the chosen few!

Vouchers from WH Smith for the kids. £15 for £20 worth with a voucher :D

Watching MOTD then bed for this tired bunny.

Night all x
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Cranny44
    Cranny44 Posts: 607 Forumite
    number11-smiley.gifnumber11-smiley.gifnumber11-smiley.gifnumber11-smiley.gifnumber11-smiley.gif NSDs for me thanks to forgetting the dog food otherwise would have been 6......... but guess i gotta feed him :) And ended up xmas shopping over 2 days instead of the planned 1 day..

Xmas all sorted except one voucher but have some euros left from hols so gonna change these and get the voucher.

2 Work dos this week but ones at lunchtime so not gonna eat just have a drink as i will be a bit short on time otherwise, that and its an expensive pub meal i dont feel i want to pay for... but going to the indian on friday so will be a spend there...

Got over £40 in Mr T vouchers for extra food spend this month although still eating from these cupboards and freezer.......... but will go a way to replenishing em when needed.

Not planning on any other spends i hope.. Focus Focus Focus...........
    Updating .................................................
  • Reporting NSD 6 for me. I don't post often but I am checking in and sticking to the rules. Everyone is doing really well and I find all the success's (and confessions) really encouraging- it's good to know others are going through the same. My sister asked me to pick up some Xmas lights for her and I nearly got some for me!! I was just talking myself in to it thinking how pretty they would look and where I could squeeze some money from.... and then thought NO...I do not need these and back they went... was quite proud of myself.

The exercise has been a real challenge for me but I have been out and running in the cold using a nhs podcast called 'couch potato to 5k'!! I'm normally very bad at excerising but as always being signed up to a challenge really focuses my mind and determination.

Anyway I've a busy week lined up with work and other family
    commitments but rest assured I will be checking and trying my very
    MSE best to stick to the plan!!

Have a good money saving week everyone xx
    Jan 2015- credit card debt £6970.63/ Loan - £7865
    Total- £14835.63 :eek:
    debt free by christmas 2015 #116: £0/ £6970.63
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Breaking one of the rules this morning and going to eat lunch out at a pub.
    Meeting up with mt ex-next-door-neighbour. We have been friends for about 13 years, ever since we both moved into neighbouring houses on the same day.
    Cant wait!

Kat- if you'd rather i bowed out of the DDD because of this, i am more than happy to do so, but will continue to cheerlead and to get as many NSDs as possible.
  • Good Morning Kittens...

My my what a tease I am. Telling you I was back and was reading through the posts then promptly falling asleep! Grr!

However I am not here, porridge in hand with a side order of Tesco onion rings ( weird taste alert ) and ready to confess. I had a spend day on Thursday for food prep for the weekend, Friday was an NSD, Saturday I had to pay for the breakfasts and the main meal we were forced ( no joke ) to buy and have at the youth hostel and perhaps I spent some money on a £12.95 vintage pillbox hat that I found in a charity shop :o (shameful confession to the DDD contenders )... Sunday was an NSD.

SO - I have been super naughty so there is no way I can banish anyone ( WantToBeSE )... and Thrifty where the h*ll do you think you are going..? Confess and stick with us please...:p

For some reason this month has been hard to fall into for me.. I would have assumed my NSD count should have been MUCH high by now. A colleague just bought me porridge as I am all out and didn't want to shop yesterday - SO I now have to consider breaking an NSD today and getting some el cheapo porridge oats so the rest of the week can be NSD's... but things seem to have been creeping up and springing themselves on me. I think I shall buckle down, refuse everything in January and prepare another challenge.

The weekend of hiking / bimbling was lovely. We did 12km on Saturday and Sunday.. but with my early start on Friday I was left feeling a little lethargic as opposed to energized... I am more energized to think I have receipts to sort through, spreadsheets to update, calculations to make - THIS is what excites me...

I was talking to one girl on my trek who is an avid reader - she is working her way through the "BBC Big Read" which I might do as well - off goes the TV for once and out comes a book I think. I shall beg borrow and steal where necessary....

BlackCat - always good to have another cheerleader..and you Suzitiger!!

So a massive congrats to Kerfuffle upon her receipt:rotfl: of a snow-globe and Jamie for your essaying...:j:j:j

I am glad that people are thinking about their present buying and food expenditure. I have another two portions of pasta shells with me today so they are slowly depleting. I have not a lot else in the fridge / freezer for protein in take apart from some cheese and milk. I really need to do some calculations and see what I could stretch to so my body doesn't give up and shut down in protest..

Did anyone make use of the "free eBay insertion" this weekend? i finally had someone pay me after 3 weeks!!! And it only amounted to £3.95. Guess she can wait a day until I post it. I need to re-arrange some pictures, items and deals with my remaining bits - then I will struggle to sell much. Might resort to clothes I don't wear again..

Right then - calculations to follow...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 December 2012 at 9:50AM

SO - I have been super naughty so there is no way I can banish anyone ( WantToBeSE )... and Thrifty where the h*ll do you think you are going..? Confess and stick with us please...:p

Thanks Kat, that's very much appreciated. I'll take that offer and stay :T:T

Ok, here it comes. I bought cider and cigarettes on Saturday :eek::eek:. and feel very ashamed. But after BF had a few nights out I felt like a deserved one in. Now I regret it.
    Did a grocery shop on Saturday (update my signature soon) and should have enough food at least til next weekend also since I had to go again on Sunday to pick up things I forgot and a food processor (just Tesco's own) as mine broke and I needed one to make xmas hamper stuff. So now it's out.:o

My plan for the week is not to spend a penny apart from the budgeted hairdressers tonight (put away last month) and to hopefully sell a few items on ebay again that I listed for free yesterday. Was finally able to withdraw about £ 140 from ebay/paypal and stuck most into my CC debt.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Reading and cheering you all on...Well done girls!!
    If there is a challenge in January? i would love to join. as we got cc cards to get rid of.Only downside of it for me is that foster girl is always wanting something or suddenly doesnt like what im cooking and it does my head in Grrrrrr
    CC1 1932.43
    CC2 2734.37

Mortgage 51.365.74
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills