Future Money after Bankrupcy

Hi, it's me again lol, with yet another query for all you fantastic Bankrupcy experts!
Just wondering if anyone knows what happens to any money received after the Bankrupcy d-day?
Hubby's due a payment for an injury received sometime in the next 12 months. Something we'd forgotten all about! Will the OR take this? or is there any way he can keep it? I get a feeling this will be bad news!

Help!!:confused:

Comments

• You can keep the personal injury part of the claim but not the compensation, if memory serves me right.

Hope this helps.
  • macsacel
    macsacel Posts: 30 Forumite
    Hi, it's me again lol, with yet another query for all you fantastic Bankrupcy experts!
    Just wondering if anyone knows what happens to any money received after the Bankrupcy d-day?
    Hubby's due a payment for an injury received sometime in the next 12 months. Something we'd forgotten all about! Will the OR take this? or is there any way he can keep it? I get a feeling this will be bad news!

Help!!:confused:

You'll have to declare it to the OR, it's up to him or her to decide what happens to the cash.
  • I have checked up on this for you lucylocket and I believe that you are allowed to keep all of the personal injury claim, although it does have to be declared upon bankruptcy and it can be administered by the OR if he chooses to do so.
  • its such a minefield isnt it.

Are we in constant contact with the or throughout the year?
    no longer miserable in debt.... :T but dont know how to change my id!!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure