TuneChecker.com: Find the cheapest MP3 downloads Discussion

Comments

• DrPaul
    DrPaul Posts: 51 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2010 at 11:46AM
    Started trying to get this offer at 1pm yesterday and kept trying intermittently all day - their site was unstable to start with and by 5pm was stone dead, just kept throwing proxy errors.

It's now nearly midday on Thursday and their site is still struggling. I've actually managed to sign up with them, which you need to do to check out, but now I can't login.

Haven't seen an Internet "success failure" like this since the good old '90s! :)

Oh, now it's throwing Internal Server Error 500 - that's a new one. Their IT support staff must be looking for a high window to jump out of!
  • .........I've already spent WAY more than £4.99 - with nothing to show for it. Proxy errors right the way thru' the night and @ 4am, 5am, 6am. At which point I gave myself a six hour break - but site still down.

TT should reschedule the offer with a full 10,000 albums up for grabs AFTER they've got their act together.
  • I managed to sign up and 'buy' an album for free but it won't download. I have been trying on and off all day!
  • DrPaul
    Friday morning now and the site is still stone dead - TuneTribe have really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

I will probably keep on trying to get my free download, just out of principle - or should that be sheer bloody-mindedness? But I will never be giving the site my business after that.
  • DrPaul
    Tunetribe website now shows the following message:

will be back online soon. Due to the high demand for the Free Album Offer promotion we have temporarily suspended the TuneTribe website to allow our servers to cool down a little.
    We are still running the Free Album offer, but to obtain your album now, you will need to send us a blank email, adding your email address in the subject line to:-
    albumoffer@tunetribe.com

As this is a first come first served offer, we will send out a unique voucher code next week to all emails (in the order received) until the remaining albums have been allocated.
    Apologies to all our regular customers; we will be back to normal with all our new releases on Monday as per usual.
  • DrPaul
    1pm Tuesday and no sign of an email yet, can't believe I didn't get in quick enough to qualify.

Anyone out there actually received their code?
  • Hi Dr Paul,

The codes will be sent out from Weds eve/Thursday morning as per the message on TuneChecker. Thanks
    DrPaul wrote: »
    1pm Tuesday and no sign of an email yet, can't believe I didn't get in quick enough to qualify.

Anyone out there actually received their code?
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,147
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is it just me that can't get Tunechecker to work - in Firefox at least? Works perfectly well in IE but not FF. Did report it though the site (and on one of Martin's Facebook posts plugging the site for 'last minute testing') but haven't heard anything.
  • DrPaul
    edited 10 February 2010 at 2:12PM
    Just got my code in an email, so I logged on via the link in the email body - looks like they've changed the albums available as well, the one that I wanted wasn't on the list any more.

However, when I checked out the first album was still in my cart, so I deleted the second one and gave the code a try. Their system seemed to accept it and let me check out with a zero payment.

Only problem is that when trying to download the zip file the proxy errors started up again. Eventually a zip file did download (even though the browser window still showed the proxy error), but Windows says it is corrupt and won't open it. Trying a second download now.....

OK success at the second attempt.
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,576
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just tried searching for this album http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/victory-worship-from-islands/id301543885

which is definitely on itunes, if no other site, and it says

No results found.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family