Free £10 from Egg if you sign up to the Money Manager

Update Note:
It's been extended yet again. The offer now ends 28 Feb 2006. Read below for more info (I've updated it).

What is it?

If you're an Egg customer and sign up to its Money Manager before 28 Feb 2005 it'll give you £10.

What's Egg's Money Manager?

This is Egg's software that enables you to look at all your bank accounts on one page, so it's a convenient 'portal' system to see everything in one go. To get the ten pounds you have to add a non-Egg account to it. Just go to Egg

The Egg Money Manager is actually quite a handy little tool. It allows you to monitor all accounts in one place, and costs nothing, so this really is a free £10

How to get the £10 sneakily even if you don't want Money Manager
If you don't want to use the Money Manager, then don't bother to add all your accounts, simply add just one non-Egg account. This could be an old defunct credit card that you no longer use.

Whatever it is, you'll qualify for the £10. And if you really don't like it, then once you've got the £10, then delete that account too, with the cash now in your pocket.

How long will this offer last?

Egg periodically does this offer and the current deadline date is 28 February 2006. Yet it has been extended before, several times in fact, so there's no guarantee it will end this month, but i wouldn't gamble on it, you may as well do it now.

So why does Egg offer this?

There are a number of reasons Egg is willing to pay, though of course it bases its logic on you using the Money Manager properly not via my short cut route!

i. It captures Egg customers. Users of this service are now much more likely to return to the Egg site more often. Thus it can commincate with you, you see its adverts and its promotions and it hopes to gain business.

ii. It knows your products. Now it knows what you've got it can try and offer you 'its own versions' at a better rate.

Most good MoneySavers will be beating these anyway so this isn't an issue. And it can't delve into your accounts to analyse your use, it simply looks bluntly at the products you have to see if they can be beaten.

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• I'd like to sign up for this but it's not available for Mac users :(
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    To avoid confusion it is worth noting that £10 is not creditd to the account instantly, but somewhen later - and nobody knows when exactly:
    Egg Money Manager
    egg tenner-did you get it?
  • I'm already using the egg money manager - is there any way to "coax" the £10 out of them any way?
    :Dmattogier
    Total Debt Including Mortgage:
    [strike]July 2006 - £179k[/strike] [strike]July 2007 - £159k[/strike] [strike]October 2007 - £154k[/strike] [strike]December 2007 -149k October 2008 - £126,525.40[/strike]
    December 2008 : £120,040.38
    Target: Debt Free before the 2012 Olympics :j
  • Does anyone know a way for existing users to get in on this? I've been using egg money manager for months and find it a very convenient way to get a snapshot of my finances every day. Am I to be penalised £10 because I already like it?
  • As is often the case, this offer is NOT available to existing Egg Money Manager customers, which I am. So I have removed my non-Egg accounts from MM. I don't use the service anyway as I found it unreliable and, when it does work, takes ages to get all the account info. But if you only want a tenner then you won't worry about that.

Worth getting a tenner off Egg for being mean to their loyal MM customers !!

Joe (cross)
  • I wonder how many other Mac users have Egg accounts and are really p**d off because they can't use money manager.

Personally, I won't cry over 10 quid, but it occurs to me that Egg are losing out on the benefits that accrue to them because a significant minority of online users are unable to use this facility. Their loss I think... :cool:
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Joe-Nodosh wrote:
    As is often the case, this offer is NOT available to existing Egg Money Manager customers, which I am. So I have removed my non-Egg accounts from MM. I don't use the service anyway as I found it unreliable and, when it does work, takes ages to get all the account info. But if you only want a tenner then you won't worry about that.

Worth getting a tenner off Egg for being mean to their loyal MM customers !!

Joe (cross)
    Well I've used it for quite sometime now and haven't found any fault with it apart from the fact that it doesn't work in Mozilla, but that's no probs as I revert to IE for it.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • I'd like to sign up for this but it's not available for Mac users :(

I know, nor can you use the Ikea on line kitchen planning service, or a whole number of other "freely available" downloadable things.

But, you also never get hit by worms, trojans, and crashing XP's......

Think different

Dave
  • Dagobert
    Dagobert Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    britters wrote:
    I wonder how many other Mac users have Egg accounts and are really p**d off because they can't use money manager.
    It's not just Mac users: MoneyManager has been designed for Internet Explorer. Anybody using a different browser on Winblows can't use it. And Linux users can't use it either.
    Dagobert
  • I'm a Mac user. Signed up for EMM using Virtual PC, got my £10, deleted the account from EMM, never used it again! Ha!
    This message was posted by a Mac
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport