Me again! Bank accounts and Car HP!!!!

Options
Well todays woes are........
Nah just joking, well ya know.....
Weve just moved here, so have not got any personal id, havent got round to send drivers licence off, I have not got a passport, so where I went to open basic bank account with Natwest, they couldnt help me, wasnt there fault, rules are rules!!!!
Council tax hasnt come back yet, have not had any bills yet, bank statements are due in about a week, everything was done over the phone so no letters with names or new address yet, any ideas guys?
Is there any banks that might be a bit more helpfull at bending rules, im sure im not the first person whos moved and needs new account.

Second thing...... OH has told me his car is not paid off, owes about £700 from the original £3,700, so can they reprocess it?
Im coming round to the idea of selling my car, getting a little runabout for school run/work, cheap ins/tax/petrol, prob is my MOT is due next month, and well i KNOW it needs work done to it, got bad rust on bonnet (10 year old car, but guzzler engine) so prob gona cost £500, not sure because of rust.
Would you believe I paid £8000 cash for it 8 years ago, those were the days :cool:

Sorry to put a few Q. in one post, but didnt want to take up board space on separates.

Comments

• CTT_2
    CTT_2 Posts: 403 Forumite
    Options
    Try Nationwide. I found in my circumstances they can be flexible. Would recommend you make an appointment with an advisor via any branch

Good luck
  • mattp_3
    mattp_3 Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    by "reprocess", do you mean refinance i.e. start a new credit agreement?
  • brokenwings
    Options
    i was under the impression faith meant re-possess. but maybe thats just me.

if thats what you mean faith - get your finance papers out - i am pretty sure that once a certain per centage is paid off then no they cant re-possess. its probably somewhere in the small print.

sorry if i am barking up the wrong tree here.
  • FAITH_3
    Options
    Yup I did mean, reposses, typo!
    No way are we getting finance again!
    When we get out of this mess, if we havent got the cash to buy it, we dont buy it, mad isnt it, I was always like that when I was in my 20s, get to my 30s and get silly with money, regression!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure