Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is anyone else having problems logging onto Quidco?

I am unable to even change passwords
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems logging onto Quidco?

I am unable to even change passwords

Just tried and no, no problems.
  • 50Twuncle
    Dox wrote: »
    Just tried and no, no problems.
    Nor am I now - yesterday they did a large update on their site - I am assuming that is the reason...
  • cziffra
    cziffra Posts: 18 Forumite
    Can anyone tell me whether purchases paid using gift cards are exempt from cashback at Curry's? It's not completely clear from the quidco descriptions. They mention exemptions for voucher codes, although it's quite normal to deny cashback when using codes for extra money off. It doesn't necessarily mean the same thing if we're talking pre-purchased vouchers as currency, as opposed to taking discounts. The description doesn't clarify either way. These are specifically going to be from an insurance payout rather than vouchers as a present, if that might be any issue?

Anyway, has anyone tried this and either succeeded or failed in getting the cashback?
  • 50Twuncle
    cziffra wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whether purchases paid using gift cards are exempt from cashback at Curry's? It's not completely clear from the quidco descriptions. They mention exemptions for voucher codes, although it's quite normal to deny cashback when using codes for extra money off. It doesn't necessarily mean the same thing if we're talking pre-purchased vouchers as currency, as opposed to taking discounts. The description doesn't clarify either way. These are specifically going to be from an insurance payout rather than vouchers as a present, if that might be any issue?

Anyway, has anyone tried this and either succeeded or failed in getting the cashback?

I don't know - why not ask them on customersupport@quidco.com
  • stevief33
    stevief33 Posts: 14 Forumite
    I am thinking of buying a new large screen tv from Currys as Quidco has a generous 15% cashback just now on Panasonic TVs. However, Currys also has an additional £20 discount code on their website. Does anyone know if I can use this code on the website or is there a risk that I might invalidate my Quidco cashback if I do?
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Do people get the impression that quidco is getting really quite rubbish nowadays?

Hardly any transactions track except for the ones with a few pence cashback. The mythical "bonus points" whereby you get £2.50 for spending at specific retailers is nearly always declined. Their "Members' Week'" last week for their ?13 years birthday promised great offers, but transpired to be pretty worthless. Queries are replied to with nonsense cut-and-paste and unwanted advice on tracking tips to a hardened internet shopper.

I'm not getting any of this with topcashback. I know that sometimes the two jockey for the position of worse site, but the does this ongoing and extended period of not playing by the rules signify any change in quidco's business model, or even point to their viability?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    keiran wrote: »
    Do people get the impression that quidco is getting really quite rubbish nowadays?

Hardly any transactions track except for the ones with a few pence cashback. The mythical "bonus points" whereby you get £2.50 for spending at specific retailers is nearly always declined. Their "Members' Week'" last week for their ?13 years birthday promised great offers, but transpired to be pretty worthless. Queries are replied to with nonsense cut-and-paste and unwanted advice on tracking tips to a hardened internet shopper.

I'm not getting any of this with topcashback. I know that sometimes the two jockey for the position of worse site, but the does this ongoing and extended period of not playing by the rules signify any change in quidco's business model, or even point to their viability?

Not really.

I have not had any of my £2.50 bonus declined and have had quite a few of them.
  • jimarnold_2
    jimarnold_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    keiran wrote: »

Yes over the last few months I've had several solid claims denied -
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2018 at 12:27PM
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Not really.

I have not had any of my £2.50 bonus declined and have had quite a few of them.

Well I spoke too soon!!!

Just had my latest one declined for no reason.

And my daughter went to submit a clicksnap claim for a free bar of Galaxy chocolate and it said the offer had expired even though she did it within the time.

Might be time to stick with just Topcashback.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback