Amazon making false allegations

124»

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    i buy loads of items every week with discount codes which give heavy discounts/free items on amazon but never leave any reviews, have you been using discount codes from the amazon seller sites and leaving reviews for said items ?
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    K-Queen wrote: »
    Move on if you don't need this information!
    'Move on' seems to be a popular phrase in this thread. ;)
  • pineapple
    edited 25 March 2018 at 4:11PM
    deanos wrote: »
    i buy loads of items every week with discount codes which give heavy discounts/free items on amazon but never leave any reviews, have you been using discount codes from the amazon seller sites and leaving reviews for said items ?
    I use Amazon quite a lot and have seen plenty of reviews openly stating that they were offered the product in return for a review of the product but insisting that the review is unbiased. Is this against the rules then? I did come across one such review which was actually negative! (though it doesn't happen often).
    On the other hand there was a claim on TV recently that there are more covert arrangements such as where the person doesn't reveal their payment/reimbursement. I would have more trouble with those. All of this skews the value of the reviews of course but then so do the idiots who give an item 5 stars while stating 'they haven't used it yet' or 'I bought this for my sister/the family dog/the man next door so don't know' :rotfl:
  • I wish I got free stuff for leaving a review :(

I don't think I have ever left a review for any product on any site ever. I really don't understand why not being able to leave a review would upset anyone other than if they were posting fake reviews for money.
  • pineapple
    I wish I got free stuff for leaving a review :(

I don't think I have ever left a review for any product on any site ever. I really don't understand why not being able to leave a review would upset anyone other than if they were posting fake reviews for money.
    Good point. I do often leave reviews - mainly because if it is a really good product/buy I want to sing it from the rooftops, ditto if it is bad. But if I was unable to comment, it would be no big deal.
  • deanos
    edited 2 April 2018 at 10:47AM
    pineapple wrote: »
    I use Amazon quite a lot and have seen plenty of reviews openly stating that they were offered the product in return for a review of the product but insisting that the review is unbiased. Is this against the rules then? I did come across one such review which was actually negative! (though it doesn't happen often).
    On the other hand there was a claim on TV recently that there are more covert arrangements such as where the person doesn't reveal their payment/reimbursement. I would have more trouble with those. All of this skews the value of the reviews of course but then so do the idiots who give an item 5 stars while stating 'they haven't used it yet' or 'I bought this for my sister/the family dog/the man next door so don't know' :rotfl:

yes its against rules, amazon know when you use a discount code then leave a review they are actively removing them. Sellers are now refunding buyers via paypal once a review is left, Amazon cant trace it that way. I never do that i just use the discount codes

The sellers want reviews as it creates more sales, buying items pushes them up the rankings to get more exposure which means more sales.

You have heard or Anker on Amazon ? They started the same way giving away items for reviews, now they are a huge seller on Amazon
  • pineapple
    edited 2 April 2018 at 11:01AM
    deanos wrote: »
    yes its against rules, amazon know when you use a discount code then leave a review they are actively removing them. Sellers are now refunding buyers via paypal once a review is left, Amazon cant trace it that way. I never do that i just use the discount codes
    Thanks. Yes the TV programme I saw mentioned Paypal as a nefarious way of paying people. This article says they have tightened up but still allow it under the Vine program. Maybe those are the ones I have seen.
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/04/amazon-bans-reviews-posted-in-exchange-for-free-products/
    I buy quite a lot online as I live out in the sticks a good drive from any decent shops but have yet to be offered a discounted or free product. :(. But if I post a critical review I have sometimes been offered a refund by the seller to amend the review. I guess that is open to abuse too.
  • deanos
    edited 2 April 2018 at 11:19AM
    You wont get offered a discount code on Amazon , you need to join Amazon seller sites (Facebook also has groups) then apply for a discount on the advertised items, some are instant codes some are reviewed by the seller and if you meet there criteria they give you a code, you then go to Amazon and use the discount code

Capture4565464.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport