QB Wolf's long and winding road

Comments

• QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf Posts: 722 Forumite
    Every year I say I'll do my tax return early next year, every year I leave it until the last minute.

Just done it and they owe me money, I'm saying it quietly - maybe the worm has turned :cool:
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
  • QB_Wolf
    Strangely enough - You are not alone:rotfl:

Doing amazingly well, what with all the work you have going on and still managing to o/p :T

Thanks AFK I'm a master of stating the obvious.:D
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf wrote: »
    12 days on.

Things aren't going well, we've found a leak on the upstairs toilet down pipe, that has been running for that long that a joist in the living room has rotted through, one corner has dropped two inches.

When doing the re-wiring a lot of the plaster had come down, so the bedrooms all need re-plastering, I've got one of the bedrooms to bare brick and the ceiling dropped.

During this process we've noticed a pretty nasty crack in the brickwork caused by a roof support column not being supported properly.

We also had an attempted burglary last week, luckily the ******* was scared off and didn't get in, they've arrested someone, he's in court tomorrow, and hopefully locked up for a looooonnnnngggg time.

But it does mean we need a new front door and surround and we're also getting an alarm fitted.

I'm living in the house alone and have been now for the last 9 days.

The utility room is coming along slowly but surely, floor tiles started going down today and the new central heating system is coming along too.

Merry Christmas :( :santa2:

So yesterday was a breakthrough day - down pipe and joist fixed and utility plumbing completed, the biggest thing is that my lad can go to the toilet upstairs in the middle of the night and not have to wake me up to take him downstairs :T

Tiling being done in the utility, it's not far from being complete :j
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • QB_Wolf
    Utility room more or less done, inside, some small jobs to do, but it's usable and already making a difference, having a tumble drier. Just need to get the dishwasher plumbed in now in the kitchen, leaks on the inlet and waste.

Mortgage Payment gone in and small £70 OP gone in. Apologies AFK you won't like my total. 211,999.99. Just wanted to get into the 211s I hope you understand. :D
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • QB_Wolf wrote: »
    Utility room more or less done, inside, some small jobs to do, but it's usable and already making a difference, having a tumble drier. Just need to get the dishwasher plumbed in now in the kitchen, leaks on the inlet and waste.

Mortgage Payment gone in and small £70 OP gone in. Apologies AFK you won't like my total. 211,999.99. Just wanted to get into the 211s I hope you understand. :D

Great news all that work was worth it :T
    Had a good giggle to myself re your total:rotfl: We posted within minutes of each other :beer: your right, I don't like your total, personally think £212,000.00 looks less than £211,999.99 but totally understand the method in your madness :eek: hope you manage to find the £9.99 from somewhere soon :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello :wave:

Have read though your whole diary this morning and really enjoyed it. So glad to read you finally moved and the work in the new property is almost there. Are you also planning an extension (am sure I read about architect costs). We briefly tried to sell ours (gave up after 5 months but had 9 viewers all in a position to proceed and no offers) and had extended. We are almost here now and it's definitely been worth it! Another center parcs and Devon/cornwall fan here too :withtwo little ones we are also trying to keep he balance. I'm sure the children won't be too interested or excited that our mortgage will hopefully be gone by the time I'm mid 40's. :rotfl:
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • QB_Wolf
    Great news all that work was worth it :T
    Had a good giggle to myself re your total:rotfl: We posted within minutes of each other :beer: your right, I don't like your total, personally think £212,000.00 looks less than £211,999.99 but totally understand the method in your madness :eek: hope you manage to find the £9.99 from somewhere soon :D

Not quite sure 212 looks less than 211. :D No more OPs this month. Back to rounding down in March :T
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • QB_Wolf
    CathT wrote: »
    Hello :wave:

Have read though your whole diary this morning and really enjoyed it. So glad to read you finally moved and the work in the new property is almost there. Are you also planning an extension (am sure I read about architect costs). We briefly tried to sell ours (gave up after 5 months but had 9 viewers all in a position to proceed and no offers) and had extended. We are almost here now and it's definitely been worth it! Another center parcs and Devon/cornwall fan here too :withtwo little ones we are also trying to keep he balance. I'm sure the children won't be too interested or excited that our mortgage will hopefully be gone by the time I'm mid 40's. :rotfl:

Thanks so much for reading my diary, I really appreciate it.

We are planning an extension, but reducing what we had planned as can't afford the whole thing.

I think you're right about the kids, they're just not young for that long and you have to enjoy it.

We're off on a Sun Voucher Holiday to Croyde on Friday for a long weekend - can't wait. Haven't done a Center Parcs for about 16 months.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
  • QB_Wolf wrote: »
    Not quite sure 212 looks less than 211. :D No more OPs this month. Back to rounding down in March :T

No, but looks less than 999.99 :rotfl:

Have a lovely weekend away.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • QB_Wolf
    Apologies I've not posted in a while, my laptop died and have been trying to get it sorted. Have been given a new one, well new to me at least.

No money news really, I have come to the conclusion that I don't earn enough and have started applying for jobs that will pay me more.

Apart from that, I may have an OP holiday this month!!!
    Start Date 16/09/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts