BT Broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Comments

• I've tried to sign up to the infinity broadband which Martin highlights as good value and after opting to pay the line rental upfront it keeps asking which monthly rental option I want. It just won't let me go past. I've gone back and tried in case I did wrong thing wrong but its definitely the site. Really cheesed of as it would be a great deal for my family.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've tried to sign up to the infinity broadband which Martin highlights as good value and after opting to pay the line rental upfront it keeps asking which monthly rental option I want. It just won't let me go past. I've gone back and tried in case I did wrong thing wrong but its definitely the site. Really cheesed of as it would be a great deal for my family.
    You can always order LRS subsequently (ie once you're up and running with BT) - as I did last year.

And don't forget Quidco et al.
    Happy Xmas :beer:
    Scrounger
  • MrDerek
    MrDerek Posts: 39 Forumite
    Hi signed up to this deal http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#btfibre

and now I'm coming to claim the prepaid master card it's showing £100 not £125...?
  • MrDerek
    MrDerek Posts: 39 Forumite
    so I've contacted BT support about this and they say I'm eligible for £100 reward card and filled in the application for me... anyone know why this might have happened...?
  • aux
    aux Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Similar problem to MrDerek.

Signed up to bt infinity on 8th Jan, saw the deal on mse for £150 reward card which I factored into my calculations.

BT Infinity connected today (after half a day without internet despite them saying would take max 30 mins), and I go to claim reward and only showing £100 instead of £150.

Not claimed yet but sent them a message asking why this is.

I signed up via quidco but when I ordered that page clearly said £150 reward plus cashback, same reward amount as on mse (minus quidco). quidco took me to the bt page which said £150 reward card. I took screenshots of both these. Dates of previous offers are on https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-reward-card which also shows £150 reward for infinity on the date I ordered.

Anyone else this has happened to?
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    aux wrote: »

BT Infinity connected today (after half a day without internet despite them saying would take max 30 mins)

Half a day is good, I had to wait 3 weeks, Plusnet to BT, both I might add are owned by BT.
  • I factored in the £150 Mastercard and free line installation which just about made this the best option for me to go for. I placed my order with BT just over two weeks ago, paying them over £200 for the 12 months line rental upfront to get the best deal. Everything was approved and confirmed, I gave my new phone number to friends and family, and the router was booked in to be delivered on January 18th with an engineer installing the line on the 19th so my services could be active by the end of that day.

I planned my week around needing to be home all day to take delivery of the router and then in the following day for the engineer and setting up devices, but the router was not delivered. Concerned, I went to a family member's that evening to borrow their internet and see if I could find out what had happened. I discovered that my order had been cancelled by BT/OpenReach two days after I'd placed it, without anybody letting me know. Very upsetting! I had received no phone call, no emails, no notification in any format letting me know there was an issue. I spoke to an agent in BT's Order Management Team to try to find out why. It was a very difficult conversation as being polite his English dialect was one I struggled to comprehend, but I think he was telling me there was an issue with OpenReach taking over the line to my house at the time (something I gave up trying to understand from the gentleman in question). He could not offer any explanation as to why nobody had been in touch to advise me of the cancellation.

He arranged for somebody to ring me the following day (the day when I had been expecting the engineer to be visiting) to re-book my order - I still don't understand why there was suddenly no longer an issue - but considering their shocking service so far, the line rental I had previously paid already being back in my account, and that neither of the two agents I spoke to even once offered me an apology I chose to source a different provider.
  • My reward says £100 instead of £150 too. Glad it's not just me.
  • aux
    aux Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My reward says £100 instead of £150 too. Glad it's not just me.

Send them a message via https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090 with your details. They got back to me in 2 days and processed the reward manually for the correct amount. So I'm hoping it's resolved now.
  • I got £125 reward card and the £50 cheque arrived much later after 3 months, a few days ago. BUT they have lost my acct number and cant find any of my billing or usage details from that number despite the years line rental and activation fee i paid up front, and 3 monthly payments coming out by dd from my bank with that acct no as a reference. They said they have a different acct number for me but it has no billing or usage showing on their or my screen and i cant get anyone to sort it out! 3 whole working days over 3 months trying to sort out the mix up so far and i am more perplexed than ever. Not sure the discounts i got through the mse deal are still active as the monthly amounts seem too big but there is no bills they can trace to find out from either acct number! what the heck do i do, wish i hadnt paid the up front line rental. would i get that back with no proof of it on an acct they cant trace if i cancelled the account, and id get a big cancellation fee then even though they closed my acct by accident and cant help me. I do have a working phone and broadband, although the latter keeps dropping out randomly for a minute at a time and driving everyone in the house nuts! The calls ive had to customer services about the acct have left me so frustrated i havent even bothered to tell them about the bbd connection issues. I just dont have the energy for another futile call where they cant find my details and i go through the whole thing again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure