Reclaiming PPI

Hi All.

I took out a loan with egg a fair few years ago now, I think it was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Now I remember when I set up this loan I was paying Payment protection insurance on it for a good year or so.

I later realised this and called them up and cancelled it and remember that I made a saving of about £50 a month which was great.

Now I can see that people are claiming this back.

I was successful with my bank and I would now be intrested to see if I can be with egg.

Question is.

1) I cant remember my status when I set up the loan, I'm not sure if I was self employed or I was employed and also I dont have a clue what my payments were.

Is there anyway I can ask Egg to send me through this information or records they hold on me to find out?

Can anyone let me know where I should start??

Comments

• Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you can't remember your own employment status then I can't imagine you will get very far for a misselling claim.

As Egg is an 'online' bank I'm guessing you ticked the box requesting this insurance initially and you can hardly claim that the insurance was a condition of the loan.

If the insurance relates to a period over 6 years ago it may be statute barred in any case.

I guess you could make a 'subject access request' to Egg asking for your loan statements and original loan agreement if you really want to know the details.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Stilojon84 wrote: »
    Hi All.

I took out a loan with egg a fair few years ago now, I think it was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Now I remember when I set up this loan I was paying Payment protection insurance on it for a good year or so.

I later realised this and called them up and cancelled it and remember that I made a saving of about £50 a month which was great.

Now I can see that people are claiming this back.

I was successful with my bank and I would now be intrested to see if I can be with egg.

Question is.

1) I cant remember my status when I set up the loan, I'm not sure if I was self employed or I was employed and also I dont have a clue what my payments were.

Is there anyway I can ask Egg to send me through this information or records they hold on me to find out?

Can anyone let me know where I should start??

Hi there

You could try by requesting a Subject access request (SAR), there is a link to a letter template below.
    If you no account number on hand, remember to give full name, DOB, if your surname was different then 5-6 years ago, and if the address was different as well let them know, this will make it that little easier to track down your information.
    SAR template here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

Good luck and for more help on reclaiming, you can also post on the thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=169
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Godders
    Godders Posts: 2,914 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • orangetrader
    orangetrader Posts: 103 Forumite
    you have every chance of claiming back the ppi. it just sounds like you need to spend some time establishing the grounds.
    I would suggest doing a SAR request (info on this site) where you send a cheque for £10 and they send you all info/docs they have relating to you.
    Just because it was an internet sale doesn't automatically mean you were not mis-sold.
    Once you have established specific dates, i would suggest going back and confirming your employment status as this could be key.
    good luck.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport