Would IVA or DRO allow a new student loan

Rosie88
Rosie88 Posts: 5 Forumite
Hello,

Struggling to get an answer to this question.One year in IVA and worse financial situation due to health problems.Considering DRO.To improve future job situation,would like to do an advanced learner course.In IVA contract states that no loan over £500 is allowed.Can anyone tell me whether a student loan would be allowed?In IVA or with DRO?Same rule applies.No payments taken until earning over 21K .Thanks

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,178 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Rosie88 wrote: »
    Hello,

Struggling to get an answer to this question.One year in IVA and worse financial situation due to health problems.Considering DRO.To improve future job situation,would like to do an advanced learner course.In IVA contract states that no loan over £500 is allowed.Can anyone tell me whether a student loan would be allowed?In IVA or with DRO?Same rule applies.No payments taken until earning over 21K .Thanks

Perhaps you could ask the Board guide on this board to merge this with your other thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5832136
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rosie88
    Thank you Soolin.How do I do that?
  • Student loans are granted in the main to under graduates studying at University.
    Have you checked whether this course you want to take qualifies?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,831 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You need to speak to your IP about this.

They are the only ones who can give you a definitive answer.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Rosie88
    Thank you.I am asking on behalf of a friend.She hoped to find out before contacting them as her situation is complex.She is about to fail her IVA and she cannot deal with all the stress of the 'unknown'.Thanks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure