IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS Appeal dismissal

Comments

• safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    ive read it as the OP was a visitor
    Correct, me too. I understood the OP was a visitor to their friends property and was given a PCN whilst legitimately visiting their friends. The OPs friends are also getting PCNs (possibly own space PCNs) prior to the OPs PCN and we were querying where the OPs friends were in the process to assess how likely it is the OP hears more from CPM.

The caveat in comparing the two cases is that the OPs address will not be on the estate and therefore it is possible that PCN may be pursued more than the PCNs that are turning up RK addresses on the estate.
  • Roshi
    Roshi Posts: 70 Forumite
    Hi Guys

So I have now received a letter from Gladstone's ... its making me aware of the options CPM now have and giving me an " opportunity" to pay them and avoid the consideration of court action and the increase of the charges.

Any advise :) ?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2017 at 9:38AM
    Ignore everything except court correspondence or a proper letter before court action

Read up in the newbies FAQ thread. You are at the debt collectors stage
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Roshi wrote: »
    Hi Guys

So I have now received a letter from Gladstone's ... its making me aware of the options CPM now have and giving me an " opportunity" to pay them and avoid the consideration of court action and the increase of the charges.

Any advise :) ?

What options or threats are these down and outs telling you
    Do they say who to pay ????
  • Roshi
    Well they have said

" our client would like to provide you with the opportunity to contact their agent to make full payment thereby avoiding the consideration of any future court action and any increase in the amount claimed"

" please contact our client agent Debt recovery plus limited in order to discuss payment proposal or make payment online "

So they are asking me to pay debt recovery plus limited.

and they have listed a load of debt helplines for me to contact .
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    " please contact our client agent Debt recovery plus limited in order to discuss payment proposal or make payment online "
    I refer you to Quentin's advice in post #34.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Roshi wrote: »
    Well they have said

" our client would like to provide you with the opportunity to contact their agent to make full payment thereby avoiding the consideration of any future court action and any increase in the amount claimed"

So they are asking me to pay debt recovery plus limited.

and they have listed a load of debt helplines for me to contact .

This is a Gladstones pimped out letterhead asking you to pay
    a debt collector (DRP)
    DRP are simply a time wasting set up.

IGNORE THIS MORE REFINED DEBT COLLECTION LETTER

Just wait and if Gladstones decide on taking you to court, you will get a Letter before Action

If you get a LBA then come back here
    Gladstones are an incompetent solicitor who often take on cases
    they don't have a clue about, hence they get whooped in court

be patient
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2017 at 9:44AM
    Residents have far more rights to park on their land than shoppers in a shopping centre. In many cases these right extend to their visitors and tradesmen.

Some of these rights, "peaceful enjoyment" for example are very powerful, and override almost everything a PPC can throw at you. Read the Parking Prankster blogs and see how often PPCs lose in "own space" court cases.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com.es/
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Roshi
    Thank you ! really appreciate your advise ... I will ignore until I get anything of substance

Best wishes
  • Roshi
    I will take look thanks ))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business