CEX refund or exchange

boonaroony
boonaroony Posts: 22 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 24 April 2018 at 9:15AM in Gaming MoneySaving
Not sure this is in the right place to post but apologies.

I bought 2 ps4 pads from cex 2 days ago.

Got home, one was working, one wasn't.

I took the faulty pad and my receipt to the store.

They wont exchange or give me a refund because the receipt has no serial on it. The pad does. They state that they would only put no serial on the receipt if there was no serial on the pad.

They then typed the serial on the pad into the computer and there is no record of it having ever been at CEX.

They are implying that I have kept the good "no serial" pad and taken a broken pad in to try and get some free money. This is categorically not the case and I am livid.

I don't have £45 quid to chuck away on what is essentially a paperweight.

I got into a relatively heated discussion with the manager their and her response was literally "computer says no" I felt like I was in some dystopian little Britain sketch.

Her only advice was to contact complaints/customer service - they have no tel number and it is all email - no response to my complaint and demand for a new pad or refund as yet. I will keep an eye but I am not holding out much hope. they will no doubt also think I am a cretin trying to get a new pad for free...

Main issues are 1) not my fault it doesn't work- why wasn't it tested before it was put for sale? 2) not my fault they didn't put the serial on the receipt - the guy who was serving me seemed new and kept asking another guy for help when my games were being traded in etc 3) not my fault the pad isn't showing on their system - how can this happen? it was from their shop!

Has anyone got any advice or has any one managed to successfully claim under the CEX wonderful "no stress (pah!)" warranty?

Sorry for the ranty essay - just so frustrated with that shop, will never buy from them again.

I know its only a ps4 pad and I could just let the £45 quid go but the principal is the main thing. I am sure my rights have been breached and the implied "youre trying to scam us" has really annoyed me.

Comments

• boonaroony
    boonaroony Posts: 22 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sorry should have also said... I paid for this via store credit from traded in games so no hope of a credit card refund if someone was going to suggest this...
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    I'd suggest emailing them as the person in store suggested, if you get no response try contacting them on social media.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure