Payments backdated on payrise?

Options
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help? My annual review is due early April and my wage has increased over the 25% (a few months ago) due to a job change.

I will be telling them this, so I know my payments will increase, but will this then get backdated to when my salary changed or just to the beginning of the anual review as the wording on the annual reveiew letter is not clear enough...it uses words like 'may'.

It does say in bold that if you don't tell us you may be prosecuted and it may be backdated to the change which seems to suggest that when I do tell them it will be backdated to the annual review only.

Just trying to get an idea before I have to ring them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Round_The_Bend
    Options
    Technically, back to when your salary changed, as you were legally obliged to inform them of the change in income, when it occurred, being that it was by more than 25%. Morally also, this would be the correct outcome. Being the CMS, however, it is possible that they may just backdate it to the annual review, due to sheer incompetence, something that they are notorious for, as you will see if you do some reading around.
  • Steppy1234
    Steppy1234 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    My ex had a pay rise of over 25% at review. I told then about 2 months before review about his pay rise, by which point he had a good 2-3 months at higher pay. CMS wrote back saying he hadn't had a pay rise (they only asked him and he denied it) Once the review came back his pay was well over the 25% rise, I complained and after some interesting phone calls and letters, it was back dated to when I informed them, not when he got the increase in pay. Didn't fine him for not informing them or being dishonest, mores the shame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure