Reversing door on freezer

Options
I have taken the door off my Hotpoint freezer FZFM171P to swap the side it opens and move the hinge from the right hand side to the left. I needed one part which was a doorstop bush and is handed differently for left or right opening. The other parts just swap over. Now the door is on the left hand side it does not seem to line up and won't shut properly. The hinge side of the door makes contact with the body of the fridge and stops it closing properly.
Can anybody help? Has anybody done this before? I swapped the door over on my samsung fridge and it was fine. I have the manual but the instructions are just pictures and don't help and I have looked on the internet but cannot find any help.
Would really appreciate any help.

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The manual shows that when you move the bottom hinge over, there are two parts that need to be moved over; the hinge plate and what looks like a sort of shim. Is it possible you've not moved the shim over? It would explain the fact that the door makes contact with the body of the fridge.

Hope this helps
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Check you've use the correct holes in the bracket and fridge and that the brackets are the right way up.
    Take the brackets off and see if they fit another way.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some fridge / freezer doors are NOT reversible.............
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have taken the door off my Hotpoint freezer FZFM171P to swap the side it opens and move the hinge from the right hand side to the left. I needed one part which was a doorstop bush and is handed differently for left or right opening. The other parts just swap over. Now the door is on the left hand side it does not seem to line up and won't shut properly. The hinge side of the door makes contact with the body of the fridge and stops it closing properly.
    Can anybody help? Has anybody done this before? I swapped the door over on my samsung fridge and it was fine. I have the manual but the instructions are just pictures and don't help and I have looked on the internet but cannot find any help.
    Would really appreciate any help.
    How did you get on?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure