Sony Customer Service

Hello all, hopefully someone can help here.
Long story short is that grandsons Sony VR headset broke. Sent the pictures, details etc to Sony and after a really long wait they decided not to repair ( they are still under warranty )
Anyway was hoping that someone can provide contact details of senior Customer Care (sic) team from Sony so I can take this matter further.
Seem to have ran into a brick wall with Sony but not letting this lie.
Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Define 'broke'
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    custardy wrote: »
    Define 'broke'

The plastic holder for the ear muff hinge broke so the ear muff just dangles and is of no use
  • Lumstorm
    Lumstorm Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ear muff Hinge? There no ear muff or hinges on PSVR. I take they think its been abused so no warranty stands.
  • davidscot
    Lumstorm wrote: »
    Ear muff Hinge? There no ear muff or hinges on PSVR. I take they think its been abused so no warranty stands.

Well its the part that connects the ear speaker to the headset. I have not had any explanation apart from them saying they will not repair. I sent photographs as requested and on the basis of these photographs they have decided on this. No physical examination of them or anything
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Who did you buy from ? Have you spoken to them ?
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    davidscot wrote: »
    Well its the part that connects the ear speaker to the headset. I have not had any explanation apart from them saying they will not repair. I sent photographs as requested and on the basis of these photographs they have decided on this. No physical examination of them or anything

Are you sure you're talking about the vr headset? Because theres no parts for your ear

You can wear headphones or get third party clip on earphones but the vr headset itself doesn't have them.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • davidscot
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Who did you buy from ? Have you spoken to them ?

Bought from Argos and when taking them back to the store they referred me to Sony Customer Services
  • davidscot
    Are you sure you're talking about the vr headset? Because theres no parts for your ear

You can wear headphones or get third party clip on earphones but the vr headset itself doesn't have them.

For point of clarification they are, and I quote from the box in front of me PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 and the ear muff is on a hinge which drops and you then adjust the headset to your size accordingly
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hello all, hopefully someone can help here.
    Long story short is that grandsons Sony VR headset broke. Sent the pictures, details etc to Sony and after a really long wait they decided not to repair ( they are still under warranty )
    Anyway was hoping that someone can provide contact details of senior Customer Care (sic) team from Sony so I can take this matter further.
    Seem to have ran into a brick wall with Sony but not letting this lie.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    For point of clarification they are, and I quote from the box in front of me PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 and the ear muff is on a hinge which drops and you then adjust the headset to your size accordingly

So not VR. Headphones.
    Can you post the pictures?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-r2xXu2yA

so this?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why not post the photo of the damage ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories