IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye county court claim form

I've read through the newbies sticky thread and partly made my way through some of the other stickies.

I have received the claim form for court and I'm in to my ninth day from the date on the form. I'm planning on putting in a defence online however just wanted some basic advice before starting.

1. I have previously ignored all letters relating to the pcn
2. The pcn was issued due to parking outside cinema
3. I have proof of purchase of cinema tickets on email and bank statements

I want some advice on when putting up a defence to the court should I mention I have tickets/statements or should I go down the more generic route with the templates and other defence options mentioned in the stickies?

Would it be worth speaking to Cinema manager at this point or is it too late for them to cancel any county court claim?

I don't have the original pcn, letters or envelopes.

Would anyone make a suggestion on how I should proceed?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The advice to ignore was stopped years ago. Is it free parking to customers?
  • Shenstar
    Shenstar Posts: 14 Forumite
    Yes, free to customers but they need to enter details on a computer at the cinema. I can't remember if this was done but most likely not.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Shenstar wrote: »
    Yes, free to customers but they need to enter details on a computer at the cinema. I can't remember if this was done but most likely not.
    Then what defence do you have?
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    You need to post this in The Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board (where the stickies are!) Ask a board guide to move it for the best responses.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Car_54 wrote: »

There can be numerous.
  • Shenstar
    Well as I still have copies of the cinema tickets and bank statements I was thinking that could be used.

But then didn't want to use that if it meant I can't use the other forms of defence mentioned in the stickies of the parking fines section.

My original question still stands - in my defence should I mention I have proof of purchasing tickets for cinema at the time/date of parking or just go down the other routes for defence without mentioning this?

Should I contact the cinema manager at this point tor is it too late for them to do anything?

Is it possible to move thread to parking section?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Ask a board guide to move your thread by ,PM
  • Shenstar
    Thanks, I've contacted board guides
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I've moved this thread over to the Parking board :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 May 2018 at 1:31AM
    Car_54 wrote: »
    The exact same type of defence as the other Odeon Cinema one on the parking board this week! The OP could find it, now they are in the right forum, by searching for 'ParkingEye defence Odeon' and they'd be well informed what sort of thing to argue, from the similat thread.

Almost every defendant here wins; only 2 lost in 2017. Loads of grounds for defence.

The OP needs to start by doing the simple AOS online, explained in pictures in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure