Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Pure Planet arranged my switch and started charging me from 29th December. I am very alarmed to find today that my previous provider is also still charging me for both gas and electricity, so Pure Planet appear to have failed to complete the switch properly. It is very alarming not being able to ring or send an email to raise an issue as serious as this, all they seem to let you do is post messages into the ether and there are lots of messages from other people saying that they can't get an answer!

Hi - welcome to the forum. It is not usual to end up paying two suppliers in the month or so after a switch. I doubt that the problem sits with Pure Planet. They no doubt asked you for meter readings. These readings are independently verified and they are then passed to both suppliers to open and close your accounts. The losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer under EU Law to raise your Final Bill. You will not pay for the same energy twice but you should check that the opening and closing readings are the same.
  • I would love to be able to sign up, but after getting my quote in the app and starting the switch process by entering my details, I get a server error message. Not a good start.
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Organisation Representative
    edited 12 February 2018 at 10:03AM
    Pure Planet arranged my switch and started charging me from 29th December. I am very alarmed to find today that my previous provider is also still charging me for both gas and electricity, so Pure Planet appear to have failed to complete the switch properly. It is very alarming not being able to ring or send an email to raise an issue as serious as this, all they seem to let you do is post messages into the ether and there are lots of messages from other people saying that they can't get an answer!

Hi @KateWhittaker
    The reply from @Hengus is spot on. Your old supplier won't cancel their Direct Debit until your final bill has been produced - this takes up to six weeks after your switch is complete. You can cancel your old supplier's Direct Debit directly with your bank if you wish to stop further payments. We would recommend speaking to your old supplier before doing so.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    makeem95 wrote: »
    I would love to be able to sign up, but after getting my quote in the app and starting the switch process by entering my details, I get a server error message. Not a good start.
    Hi @makeem95 What phone are you using? If it's Android we support versions 5.0 and above (that's 'Lollipop' and above).

Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Hi Pure Planet

Is it possible to sign up in joint names so that either myself or my wife can access the account and deal with payments/problems etc?

Thanks
    BW
  • PurePlanet wrote: »
    Hi @makeem95 What phone are you using? If it's Android we support versions 5.0 and above (that's 'Lollipop' and above).

Marc @Pure Planet

My phone is Nexus 6p on stock Android 8.1.0 so nothing special.
  • I have had a similar problem with this supplier just had to abandon my switch with them as I started my switch in early January and have heard nothing from them . I will now try a supplier from Martins recommended list !!!!! Perhaps Marc ought to get some more bodies on the job ???
  • PurePlanet
    Hi makeem95
    Hmm that's strange. Stock Android is usually the most reliable, ie the OS on Nexus and Pixel phones.
    We've just released an updated version - v7.0.5 - can you download that from Google Play and see how that goes?
    Thanks, Marc
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet
    Hi Jonathan
    Sorry to hear that you have had some problems. What kind? Was it related to your phone?
    Thanks
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet
    Marc - a question for you - is it possible in the app to see my historic meter reading submissions along with the date?

Hi
    Currently no, you can only see your most recent submission. But this feature will be added soon.
    That info is in your monthly statement sent by email.
    Hope that helps!
    Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback