love2shop voucher help

I have a £25 love2shop voucher that I received online - so no physical card, just the code. I've had the voucher for several months now and cannot get rid of it no matter how hard I try. Every single retailer I'm apparently able to use the voucher at will not accept it. Online, I've tried Iceland, Argos, Boots, Wilko and several others -none of them have anywhere to enter the code online at all. In-store, I've been in to all of the aforementioned stores and all three have told me they can't accept the code without a physical card.

So this voucher seems to be completely useless to me, but I'm posting here in the feint hope I receive some useful advice! I've even contacted love2shop about it and received no reply.

And it's always been a mystery to me why people buy gift cards in the first place. You are basically saying: "I have money here, which can be spent anywhere - I want you to make it where I can only spend it in one shop or a handful of shops."

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Do you have the number of a Love2Shop Gift Voucher? I wouldn't have expected that to be valid without the actual physical voucher.

Or do you have the number of a Love2Shop Gift Card (which is acceptable at fewer places, but possible spendable online if you have the correct number(s)).

These are two different things, you see.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Mansard
    Mansard Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you have the number of a Love2Shop Gift Voucher? I wouldn't have expected that to be valid without the actual physical voucher.

Or do you have the number of a Love2Shop Gift Card (which is acceptable at fewer places, but possible spendable online if you have the correct number(s)).

These are two different things, you see.
    It's a 14-digit code which seems to be a code that is present on most giftcards you can use online. I've never had this problem anywhere else before with any other giftcards, but this is the first time I've ever had a love2shop voucher code, which just seems not to be accepted anywhere online at all.

I've used M&S giftcard codes and J.D. codes recently, no problem.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have you been to

https://www.love2shop.co.uk/

More specifically

https://www.love2shop.co.uk/activate-login-register

There are many references to a L2S E-CODE

and activating and registering them, and checking their balance

Furthermore there is this

View an accurate where to spend list
    (Based on your card or e-code)

So maybe yours can only be used in certain places

Where did it come from? How did you "earn/win/buy" it?

HTH
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Mansard
    quoia wrote: »
    Have you been to

More specifically

There are many references to a L2S E-CODE

and activating and registering them, and checking their balance

Furthermore there is this

View an accurate where to spend list
    (Based on your card or e-code)

So maybe yours can only be used in certain places

Where did it come from? How did you "earn/win/buy" it?

HTH
    Thank you for this - I will try this as soon as I get a minute and let you know how I got on! I wasn't aware I might have to activate the code as I've never had to do this with any other gift card/code ever before. However, so far I haven't even been able to reach a point where it's possible to enter the code on any of the sites I'd tried. This sounds like it could help though: "View an accurate where to spend list (Based on your card or e-code)"

I got the voucher code from Surveybods from a group discussion I took part in.

Thanks again.

(I've had to remove the links from the quote as new users are not allowed to post links)
  • quoia
    Mansard wrote: »
    Thank you for this - I will try this as soon as I get a minute and let you know how I got on! I wasn't aware I might have to activate the code as I've never had to do this with any other gift card/code ever before. However, so far I haven't even been able to reach a point where it's possible to enter the code on any of the sites I'd tried. This sounds like it could help though: "View an accurate where to spend list (Based on your card or e-code)"

I got the voucher code from Surveybods from a group discussion I took part in.

Thanks again.

(I've had to remove the links from the quote as new users are not allowed to post links)

IF you don't have any joy have you thought about contacting Surveybods for help?

Re removing the links - I was aware of the new user restriction but never thought about the issue of quoting a post of another user that had some in.
    Does it "physically" prevent you from posting whilst the quote has them?

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
  • Mansard
    IF you don't have any joy have you thought about contacting Surveybods for help?

Re removing the links - I was aware of the new user restriction but never thought about the issue of quoting a post of another user that had some in.
    Does it "physically" prevent you from posting whilst the quote has them?
    I did consider contacting Surveybods about it, but decided they probably wouldn't be able to help when it's not really to do with them. If the above doesn't work and love2shop still haven't replied over the next day or so, I might send them an e-mail!

Yes, it wouldn't let me quote your post with the links in it.
  • Mansard
    Just tried it... no luck.

"This card type cannot be added to your account - either try again, double checking the card information entered is correct, or call our Card Services Team on 0344 375 0739."

I'll give love2shop another two days to respond and then I'll contact Surveybods about it. If still no luck after that, I'll just delete the e-mail and write it off!

Quoia, thank you again for taking the time to write that post - I appreciate it.
  • quoia
    Mansard wrote: »
    It's a 14-digit code which seems to be a code that is present on most giftcards you can use online. I've never had this problem anywhere else before with any other giftcards, but this is the first time I've ever had a love2shop voucher code, which just seems not to be accepted anywhere online at all.

I've used M&S giftcard codes and J.D. codes recently, no problem.

Erm .......

Is it a 14 digit ALPHANUMERIC code? Letters as well as numbers?
    Possibly sent to you in the format XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX ?

The only reason I ask is that I had a look at Surveybods to see what it's all about, and it says that your rewards can be "paid" to you as:

CASH - Paid into your BANK account (or PAYPAL account???)

or

VOUCHER CODES will be sent to you via EMAIL ........

....... for AMAZON

I've had some Amazon codes (14 characters) in the past that are like
    E2E4-BUW987-1S4P

• Mansard
    Erm .......

Is it a 14 digit ALPHANUMERIC code? Letters as well as numbers?
    Possibly sent to you in the format XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX ?

The only reason I ask is that I had a look at Surveybods to see what it's all about, and it says that your rewards can be "paid" to you as:

CASH - Paid into your BANK account (or PAYPAL account???)

or

VOUCHER CODES will be sent to you via EMAIL ........

....... for AMAZON

I've had some Amazon codes (14 characters) in the past that are like
    E2E4-BUW987-1S4P

It's an alphanumeric code, yes, but it's not an Amazon gift code. I've been a member of Surveybods for years and I receive Amazon codes from them roughly every couple of weeks. This is apparently a love2shop code. It's in the following format: XX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

love2shop have replied to my e-mail asking for the code so they can investigate, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you
  • Mansard
    Apparently the code needed to be exchanged for a physical card. l received no mention of this and didn't see it on the love2shop website. They've sorted it for me now and are sending out a physical card for me. I've just received the order e-mail.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport