PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good work Barny1979 & savvy :T Savvy - not sure I would have been so generous with my time - Black bin bags on the drive & if he didn’t pick them up they would have been left for the rubbish collection :rotfl: but then I am the one who sold most of the furniture & white goods from the house I shared with my ex-h for £100 - half each :rotfl: lots of my colleagues paid bargain basement prices :rotfl:
    :rotfl: that's well naughty :rotfl:I'm going to try and sell his electrical stuff and fishing things if I can, then the rest will hopefully get dumped at his sisters.
    Picklepot wrote: »
    Hi to all.
    Missing last week due to decorating and then an unexpected pet bereavement :cry:.
    Awwww no, sorry for your loss, so horrible when they leave us :(:(:(
    bit_by_bit wrote: »
    Well done Savvy. It must be a massive weight off your shoulders.
    Thanks, it is, looks so much neater out there, and friends son came and cut the long grass down, so it looks 100 times better out the front and far less embarrassing!! :j:j:j But now the back looks horrible :o:rotfl::rotfl:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Hello, hope you are all well.
    Been busy with RL so haven't posted but have been decluttering when I can. Did a 3rd coat of paint on the walls and they do not need a 4th (really good paint but I was covering a mid aqua with a greige and wanted to be 100 per cent sure I was happy with how it looked.) Had a few slacker nights and am going to start painting the woodwork tonight and aim to be completed by the end of the weekend.
    182: new bra to CS
    183: book -CS
    184-185 old make up binned
    186-190 kids toys to CS
    191-192 kids cup and bowl binned
    193-194 old rags binned
    195: make up primer binned, was a sample that was !!!!
    196-197: hairbands to CS
    198: old pot recycled
    199-200: cardboard boxes recycled
    201: colour pencil with broken lead all through binned
    202: unused bottle warmer- CS
    203: pre-walker baby shoes to CS as youngest DD is walking properly and got fitted for new shoes Tuesday. First time walking outside she decided to sit down on the floor until she was picked up..... Don't know where she gets her stubborn streak from.....! :p
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    25/52 - a bundle of special age birthday cards recycled (counting as decluttering as they took much longer than the usual ordinary recycling cycle!)
  • Picklepot
    Picklepot Posts: 360 Forumite
    edited 20 June 2019 at 3:41PM
    Hi All!
    Plodding away here.

Isca82
    Welcome, ive only just joined, i think anything you get out of the house regardless of time of year is progress. and Mrs SD is a fabulous cheerleader:T

ailz95 and Savvy
    Thank you both for the condolences. You are absolutely right ailz95 some people dont understand, thats ok but it doesnt make it easier. A colleagues partner told me i shouldnt have a pet if i cant deal with their loss:eek: (ooch harsh)

Rootle re: your cards if i find something really hard to let go /keep putting off, then finally do, i count it. Sometimes those decisions can be as hard mentally as taking a sofa to the tip is physically

Slow progress today but here goes:
    138 - post dealt with on arrival checked and recycled(it will not add to the paperwork pile!!)
    139 - 50 items of paperwork weeded out of study and recycled
    140- 50 items of paperwork weeded from garage and recycled
    141- carrier bag of legoey bits recycled
    142- grubby soft toy- binned
    143 - one random glove binned
    144 - one car clean cloth bin
    145 - box to post office that should have been posted 2w ago
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thankyou Mrs SD. My house is only about 45 years old but I really want a cottage. All the walls are plain plaster and paint and the furniture is nearly all wood. This dresser matches the table very well. The old sideboard was darker and sucked in the light.
    Early on living here I had a porch attached to the house and it is now coverred in Wisteria, looks cottage like. The grassy front garden was dug up and is now a wildlife, cottagey garden. Makes the street less boring thats for sure :D

Two bags going in the car tonight for the CS tomorrow.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Decluttered around twenty bags of sand, four bags of lime onto the floor - hours of work and loads of back ache - but it is finally finished.
    IMG-6338.jpg
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Picklepot wrote: »
    ailz95 and Savvy
    Thank you both for the condolences. You are absolutely right ailz95 some people dont understand, thats ok but it doesnt make it easier. A colleagues partner told me i shouldnt have a pet if i cant deal with their loss:eek: (ooch harsh)
    Not harsh at all.........just extremely blinkered and short sighted!! Bide your time and when they have a loss, say the same thing back to them, oh and add on 'suck it up buttercup'!!

All I've decluttered today is some paperwork!
    711/2019
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    A few things decluttered over the last few days:
    2 bits of paper
    a pair of trainers
    a lid
    an empty herb jar that's now a full herb jar.
    a peach and a banana that had seen much better days - into the compost
    a plant tray - binned
    a jar of pesto that had been cluttering up the fridge.
    2 broken plant pots
    a handful of rubbish found in the garden.

I'm now going to replace the trainers but that's another story.

I've also planted up three plant pots, done some weeding and trimmed back a shrub, not to mention potting up a fuchsia cutting that's obligingly grown a root and set off some rose cuttings (2 pots) from trees that I grew up with. :) Not sure how to total that lot, especially as the lawn is now littered with plant pots and a box of shrubbery. Maybe one point each?

I think that brings me to 853. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • 1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Wednesday ended up with just a few short gentle showers :T DH got back about 8:00 p.m. Everyone was happy with their bits & bobs - money was proffered but refused :) Only needed to make the cheesy mash for the meat mixture & then cooked the cottage pie - again 5 portions so 2 in the freezer for DSis whilst we are away. The other half of the meat will be used for same again tonight - we know how to live :rotfl: According to my DSis it was even tastier ;)
    Thursday started bright & sunny but clouded over a bit. Did an sm shop & packed our bags for our holiday. Cleaned both ovens. We had eggs & chips for dinner with strawberries & ice cream for afters. I have just had a long bath & I am drip drying whilst typing :p

1901 - 1912 Glass jar & metal lid, plastic milk carton, cardboard box, 5 lots of cardboard packaging, 2 empty beer bottles, plastic tray, magazine - Recycled
    1913 - 1917 Small bag of kitchen detritus, 2 non rec. plastic trays, plastic packaging, pair of Sunday knickers :p - Binned

savvy, can he come back & sort the back garden :rotfl: Well Done on decluttering paperwork - I am sure it breeds :rotfl:

Well Done Cazzatheclutterbug; Rootle; Picklepot (thanks for the praise :T); Cherryfudge - :T

Looks wonderful TamsinC - Well Done on all your hard work :T

Sounds wonderful bit by bit :D making your home into a cottage :T even if it isn’t in the countryside ;)

We are off about 11:30 a.m. - so no decluttering (apart from pennies) but I will pop in & cheerlead :rotfl:

MrsSD
    1917/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Forgot that I descaled the kettle yesterday :rotfl:

1918 - 1919 Kettle filter, uu toothpaste tube - Binned

Will post from France tonight :D

MrsSD
    1919/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure