Sneaky feeling it isn’t coming from the UK

Listed as Essex.
Said 3-5 days.
Bought 7th Nov.
Expected 15th Nov.

Just have a feeling this is coming outside UK.
Surely they should say if it is.

Comments

• lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    We can only dream.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Listed as Essex.
    Said 3-5 days.
    Bought 7th Nov.
    Expected 15th Nov.

Just have a feeling this is coming outside UK.

Possibly, but at least you have an estimated date of arrival that you were happy with, that date hasn't changed so where did you see the 3-5 days? It cannot have been the ebay estimate unless there was a faster service at a different postage price, - and anything in the description should be ignored as it's only what ebay say that matters.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    3 - 5 days is usually a UK seller, when they put 10-14 days though its more likely to be from outside the UK.

Average of 14 days for me, some arriving in just 7 and others taking upto 30. One did arrive after 90 days once.

Some UK sellers have put longer delivery times because ebay expect miracles and can cause sellers problems if postage is late.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Okay thanks guys. Was just curious that’s all. Still nothing but I have had a weekend in between too so I’ll wait and see.
  • soolin
    Okay thanks guys. Was just curious that’s all. Still nothing but I have had a weekend in between too so I’ll wait and see.

If the estimate is the 15th then you have a couple of days at least before you need to worry. An INR cannot be opened though until the last estimated date has passed, so if it's say 14-15 th a case can be opened on the 16th.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Okay no problem.

I’ll see if it arrives on Thursday.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    have they not added tracking so you can check progress?
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • soolin
    lindens wrote: »
    have they not added tracking so you can check progress?

Around 3/4 of my items are sent untracked and I'm definitely in the UK.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Shame there is no option to refine by delivery date.

Looking for a small sub £5 item, Select UK only and the first 30 i checked had delivery estimates of 10 - 14 days. So pretty sure they wont be from the UK.

Got so fed up i went onto Amazon and bought one for £8 which is being delivered today.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• No there has been no tracking information added.

They had it listed as other courier but when I asked they said it would be dispatched through Royal Mail.

Plus the way they are talking on messages I can tell they are not proficient at English.

Didn’t arrive today either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport