Crapita BBC cancel TV License

On 29th September paid for our excessive regressive TV Tax on line by debit card.

Received a letter on 11th October saying they had a problem, their end not mine, with taking payment and could I set up again. Duly did so, but this time DD.

Then received a letter on 13th saying my house was unlicensed and had been since 30th September.

Bunch of lying stewards who work in a bar!

Comments

• Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Should be in praise vent and warnings not here.

Mistakes happen.

Automated letters will get churned out by the left hand before the right hand catch up with your no-fault, belated, payment... and the DD setup will maybe add a bit extra delay in updating your address's record?

I'd expect the letter to have mentioned something like "if you have recently purchased a Licence" to simply ignore it as a reminder?

I got a "final reminder" to renew my Licence by e-mail on 28th September @ 2:30 pm when I'd received my 'thank you for renewing one' @ 08:30 the same day. Was I bovvered?
  • Rodders, you have to remember that Blackbeard is a bit of a drama queen.

On the other hand TVL do have a reputation for incompetence and nastily worded letters.
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Keep the letter saying it was their problem handy in case they kick off about it, but since they now have your money they will probably go quiet.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • Another letter from them today threatening a £1,000 fine and a visit.

Surely their system is not this bad to know I set up a DD on 12th October because of their mistake?
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Surely their system is not this bad to know I set up a DD on 12th October because of their mistake?
    Until such time as they have actually received payment, you are unlicenced. Setting up a DD is only the first part of the payment process.
  • And another letter telling me of their DD to be taken on the 1st November!
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Until such time as they have actually received payment, you are unlicenced. Setting up a DD is only the first part of the payment process.

I actually gave them payment on 29th September. Due to their system not processing payment correctly, they asked me to do this by DD. According to their records I am correctly licensed. The problem is their database does not accept this!

I wonder if I will get another letter between now and them taking payment!
  • On 29th September paid for our excessive regressive TV Tax on line by debit card.

Received a letter on 11th October saying they had a problem, their end not mine, with taking payment and could I set up again. Duly did so, but this time DD.

Then received a letter on 13th saying my house was unlicensed and had been since 30th September.

Bunch of lying stewards who work in a bar!
    How about editing your headline and spell them by their correct name instead of the abusive term you have posted. There is no reason to be insulting to the company.
    Capita do a great job in hauling to magistrates courts hundreds of thousand of TV licence thieves which all honest people should applaud.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 November 2018 at 1:40PM
    Houbara wrote: »
    How about editing your headline and spell them by their correct name instead of the abusive term you have posted. There is no reason to be insulting to the company.
    Capita do a great job in hauling to magistrates courts hundreds of thousand of TV licence thieves which all honest people should applaud.
    These so called thieves are mostly female? The BBC through Crapita are the biggest prosecutors of females in the UK. They are not thieves.

In today’s world of multi platform entertainment, how much longer is the regressive TV tax sustainable?

Got another letter explaining Crapita’s mis doing, and I await to see if their system works in 1st November! After this, the DD will be cancelled so we revert to paying on the day again next year,
  • Finally the DD was collected yesterday, 33 days after I first paid them! Crapita Service.
  • HWW
    HWW Posts: 103 Forumite
    You named this scum company, 100% correctly Blackbeard...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure