PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• CommitedToChange
    Options
    Also I just want to thank everyone in this thread, I know we're all in the same boat but reading and posting in here has helped keep me sane :D

So thank you all :beer:
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Okay so after my delight yesterday Solicitor said we could exchange today ..i was frantically calling electricians to make sure they can do the work in the time we have ..and so today ....NOTHING ...i would rather an email to say there has been no news than this :(

Disappointing, I know it isn't my solicitors but others in the chain and that is making me feel really anxious :(
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Committed, are you still in contract with Virgin or rolling now? If you are in contract check with them what cancellation fee if any they will charge. I'm an ex employee who got put onto a new contract when I left the company (to move, they knew this) So when we cancelled because we've moved to an address not in their database I got charged £240 because was only 3 months into contract. Sky are crediting us back £100 of this.

Now suddenly of course they have cabled the address...but too slow guys, we WFH! We've got sky fibre max and it's fine despite our concerns.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    JoJo1978 wrote: »
    Committed, are you still in contract with Virgin or rolling now? If you are in contract check with them what cancellation fee if any they will charge. I'm an ex employee who got put onto a new contract when I left the company (to move, they knew this) So when we cancelled because we've moved to an address not in their database I got charged £240 because was only 3 months into contract. Sky are crediting us back £100 of this.

Now suddenly of course they have cabled the address...but too slow guys, we WFH! We've got sky fibre max and it's fine despite our concerns.

Happily my contract actually expires in Feb - so no cancellation fee. Just 28 days notice, I don't mind the overlap as my flat will be mine until March anyway and I'll keep using Virgin anywhere on the computer. :T
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Littlebobo hang in there, today ain't over yet. When our chain went t*ts up on the day of exchange we took some time to work out what to do, eventually exchanging on our sale at 4.35pm. And there's always tomorrow too so you could still be done this week. I've got everything crossed!
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Here's a link to the thread once this nightmare is over ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5774824
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Okay so after my delight yesterday Solicitor said we could exchange today ..i was frantically calling electricians to make sure they can do the work in the time we have ..and so today ....NOTHING ...i would rather an email to say there has been no news than this :(

Disappointing, I know it isn't my solicitors but others in the chain and that is making me feel really anxious :(

Loads of time to exchange yet today - don't panic :p
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    PThome, so sorry your buyer pulled out, SO frustrating :mad: similar happened to us back in November - but it was our buyers' buyer who pulled out, literally the day after we'd all finished signing everything with the solicitors. A complete shock for us too.

Fortunately our vendors waited, and we waited, while our buyers put their house back on the market, and fortunately the found a new buyer within a couple of weeks :j

Now we're all just waiting foe the new person to catch up, it's only been 7 weeks and we've had Christmas in between.

I am getting impatient though - it's already over 6 months since we found a buyer for our existing house and we're still living in it. Aarrgghh!

Fingers crossed to those of you trying to exchange this week. Hope to be able to join you over on that other thread soon :j
  • PThome
    PThome Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Also I just want to thank everyone in this thread, I know we're all in the same boat but reading and posting in here has helped keep me sane :D

So thank you all :beer:

Completely agree!!! Specially today that has been a so sad day...

Thank you for cheering me up and "hearing" my cry.
  • BlueTwiglet
    Options
    Sorry to hear that PThome! Echoing Firsttimebuyers, it will be a good selling point. Doesn't detract from how gutting it must feel though. :(

Had an email from my solicitor this morning to confirm the only outstanding enquiry is the agreement for the road adoption in the estate and they have written to the council. They've also written to the management company for further information. Feels really frustrating that I can't do anything to speed up the process.

Fingers crossed once these documents are received we will be in a position to agree exchange/completion. I was hoping for it to be by the end of this month but with every day ticking by, the more my hope fades!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback