Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cialexandra76
    • By cialexandra76 26th Oct 19, 2:07 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cialexandra76
    BT Charged me for cancellation in bill but over the phone they said was free
    • 26th Oct 19, 2:07 PM
    BT Charged me for cancellation in bill but over the phone they said was free 26th Oct 19 at 2:07 PM
    Hi,

I need help with some suggestion on how I should handle this matter.

I moved to a new property, a BT engineer came, said all good in two hours I should have internet. Of course no internet. I spend the next two days over the phone with them, always saying to wait till tomorrow, that it should work. So one morning I woke up and I had no internet so I called, again same stories, so I told them I don't want to be their client. ( I should mention that at my previous address it took 4 months to fix my internet)

Anyway, they decided over the phone to let me go. This was on the 2nd. They told me they will not charge me for cancellation, but I can decide till the 12 if I really want to do it. ( i recorded this conversation as I know they are liers)

after that, I talked to TalkTalk to be my new provider (same speed but half of the price). After a week, an engineer came announced telling me that he knows what is the problem and he fixed it.( was with the box outside) Because of this my partner called them on 10th and asked them, why is their internet so expensive and if they would offer us the same price we will consider staying with them, but they said they can' t offer us that price. And that was it, they didn't say anything about any payment, he said ok, you have till 12 to decide bye,

Now, my final bill came, and I am being charged 450GBP... Called them, they start telling me about the 14 days period and about that phonecall on the 10. and I kept telling them that they told me I m not being charge, I had no idea, I should have been informed ( if I knew i would just stay with them as I can't throw away 450 pounds). I had to hang up because I was almost crying.

What should I do know?

I am really sorry for the long post and hope you understand something from what I wrote.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 26th Oct 19, 5:12 PM
    • 3,074 Posts
    • 2,241 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 26th Oct 19, 5:12 PM
    • 26th Oct 19, 5:12 PM
    Are you saying you had BT at your old address and you've moved house and took that with you?

Normally what happens if you do that it may start a new contract. Which you've terminated early (by signing up with TalkTalk) and that's may be where the 450 has come from?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 26th Oct 19, 5:15 PM
    • 13,557 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 26th Oct 19, 5:15 PM
    • 26th Oct 19, 5:15 PM
    Your answer is you have a recording so escalte the complaint .

But why go with a company that you claim to be liars ??
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 26th Oct 19, 6:09 PM
    • 5,045 Posts
    • 2,157 Thanks
    aardvaak
    • 26th Oct 19, 6:09 PM
    • 26th Oct 19, 6:09 PM
    Your answer is you have a recording so escalte the complaint .

But why go with a company that you claim to be liars ??
    Originally posted by JJ Egan

Who else would you go with then?
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 26th Oct 19, 8:16 PM
    • 5,964 Posts
    • 13,825 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 26th Oct 19, 8:16 PM
    • 26th Oct 19, 8:16 PM
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    There are plenty of reputable ISPs that provide good quality service and support. They don't get talked about on here very much though.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek. Home is where my books are.

5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 27th Oct 19, 11:11 AM
    • 13,557 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 27th Oct 19, 11:11 AM
    • 27th Oct 19, 11:11 AM
    Originally posted by aardvaak

Not the company that the OP claims to be a liar .
    Try a BB checker to see how many other companys are in the market .

Who would i go with ZEN or A&A but what i require is supplied by BT .
    Last edited by JJ Egan; 27-10-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,303Posts Today

7,903Users online

Martin's Twitter