Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Oct 19, 2:42 PM
    • 622Posts
    • 197Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Vodafone to hike broadband bills and increase some mobile call costs - MSE News
    • 23rd Oct 19, 2:42 PM
    Vodafone to hike broadband bills and increase some mobile call costs - MSE News 23rd Oct 19 at 2:42 PM
    Vodafone is set to hike its broadband prices by £30 a year in December, while some call costs for mobile customers will also increase...
    Read the full story:
    'Vodafone set to hike broadband prices'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 24-10-2019 at 4:40 PM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 25th Oct 19, 9:07 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 1,464 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 25th Oct 19, 9:07 PM
    • 25th Oct 19, 9:07 PM
    Vodafone announced the mobile changes more than a month ago, but MSE didn't pick up on the story until it was printed in The Sun a couple of days ago. You have the same typo in your information as was in The Sun article too.

You said "The access charge for premium-rate and non-geographic calls is being increased by 55p to 65p." The correct information is that is being increased from 55p to 65p.

EDIT: I see that typo has now been fixed.
    • victor2
    • By victor2 25th Oct 19, 9:10 PM
    • 5,040 Posts
    • 3,387 Thanks
    victor2
    • 25th Oct 19, 9:10 PM
    • 25th Oct 19, 9:10 PM
    Vodafone announced the mobile changes more than a month ago, but MSE didn't pick up on the story until it was printed in The Sun a couple of days ago. You have the same typo in your information as was in The Sun article too.

You said "The access charge for premium-rate and non-geographic calls is being increased by 55p to 65p." The correct information is that is being increased from 55p to 65p.

EDIT: I see that typo has now been fixed.
    Originally posted by Ian011
    Guess we know where MSE Callum gets his inspiration from.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 31st Oct 19, 9:18 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 2,242 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 31st Oct 19, 9:18 PM
    • 31st Oct 19, 9:18 PM
    I moved house in June so assumed that it would apply to me but never received any notification of the price increase so decided to phone them today.

After a ridiculous 30 mins on hold I got through and they confirmed it did apply to me, however I could renew my contract for Superfast 2 at £20.70 a month, £8.30 less than I'm currently paying and £10.80 less than the post-increase price.

I suspect this decision has left them hemorrhaging customers and they're offering people ridiculous price cuts to retain them. Or you could just, you know not increase your prices when people are in contract.

Anyway, declined the offer as I can get BT Ultrafast with expected speeds of around 150Mbps for a couple of quid more than I'm currently paying after cashback and the reward card so went with that instead.
    • Nessie23
    • By Nessie23 2nd Nov 19, 2:42 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    Nessie23
    • 2nd Nov 19, 2:42 PM
    • 2nd Nov 19, 2:42 PM
    I moved house in June so assumed that it would apply to me but never received any notification of the price increase so decided to phone them today.

After a ridiculous 30 mins on hold I got through and they confirmed it did apply to me, however I could renew my contract for Superfast 2 at £20.70 a month, £8.30 less than I'm currently paying and £10.80 less than the post-increase price.

I suspect this decision has left them hemorrhaging customers and they're offering people ridiculous price cuts to retain them. Or you could just, you know not increase your prices when people are in contract.

Anyway, declined the offer as I can get BT Ultrafast with expected speeds of around 150Mbps for a couple of quid more than I'm currently paying after cashback and the reward card so went with that instead.
    Originally posted by boo_star
    Just called them, long long wait to speak to retentions team. £20.70 seems to be their lower limit at the moment. In my case just £0.30 cheaper than pre-hike, but with faster speed and longer contract. In true Moneysavingexpert fashion I'm quite tempted by other alternatives out there such as the £16.74 from Shell Energy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,450Users online

Martin's Twitter