Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CharlotteJT
    • By CharlotteJT 16th Oct 19, 11:04 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CharlotteJT
    0 WOW
    Broke toe/s in hotel room...
    • 16th Oct 19, 11:04 PM
    0 WOW
    Broke toe/s in hotel room... 16th Oct 19 at 11:04 PM
    Hi all.

So I'll be completely honest about this. I stayed in a Travelodge in London last month. I kept stubbing my toes on the bed (as did my daughter and said she also had the same problem last time she stayed in the exact same hotel). On one of the evenings of my stay, I stubbed it so hard that I broke at least one toe, although I think it could possibly three toes (hospitals don't x-ray for broken toes anymore which is understandable).

I thought nothing of it. Accidents happen. The bed was not faulty in any way. But a few people have said I may be able to do some kind of accident claim so thought I'd ask on here what your opinions are.

I didn't report it to the hotel at the time but did go to the hospital the day after I got home.

I very highly doubt there's any claim as they weren't at fault! But as I say, just thought I'd gather some opinions.

Thanks!
Page 2
    • CharlotteJT
    • By CharlotteJT 20th Oct 19, 12:08 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharlotteJT
    No matter what your "story" is or how bad your personal circumstances are it is unethical to make a fraudulent claim against the hotel just to get some money, it really is as simple as that.

So you wanted to gather some people's opinions on making an unfounded claim for money but now your complaining that people are posting negative things

What kind of opinions did you think people would have on this subject?
    Originally posted by Takmon
    You're absolutely right. I wanted to gather opinions. The kind of opinions I expected people to have were the same as mine. I expected people to agree with me that it was indeed not the hotel's fault and that there was no claim to be had.

I did not, however, expect people to not fully read my post and start mouthing off about how I'm apparently blaming the hotel, which is not the case.
    • Takmon
    • By Takmon 20th Oct 19, 2:04 PM
    • 954 Posts
    • 965 Thanks
    Takmon
    You're absolutely right. I wanted to gather opinions. The kind of opinions I expected people to have were the same as mine. I expected people to agree with me that it was indeed not the hotel's fault and that there was no claim to be had.

I did not, however, expect people to not fully read my post and start mouthing off about how I'm apparently blaming the hotel, which is not the case.
    Originally posted by CharlotteJT
    What makes you think people didn't read your post?

To allow you to make a claim against the hotel and win then they will have to be liable. If your asking if you can make a claim then your asking if there is a way they can be made liable even if it's not their fault.

Asking if you can get money out of a business when you agree they aren't liable doesn't exactly show you have good intentions.
    • suejb2
    • By suejb2 20th Oct 19, 5:18 PM
    • 1,621 Posts
    • 2,410 Thanks
    suejb2
    Toes
    I took more than a moment to read your full post.

I very highly doubt there's any claim as they weren't at fault! But as I say, just thought I'd gather some opinions.

You donít like the opinions you asked for, doesnít make them rude. Couple of options:
    You need a control, book in another hotel, different brand, see if you stub your toes there.
    Never stay in Travelodge or if you do wear steel toe caps.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
    • CharlotteJT
    • By CharlotteJT 20th Oct 19, 9:12 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CharlotteJT
    What makes you think people didn't read your post?

To allow you to make a claim against the hotel and win then they will have to be liable. If your asking if you can make a claim then your asking if there is a way they can be made liable even if it's not their fault.

Asking if you can get money out of a business when you agree they aren't liable doesn't exactly show you have good intentions.
    Originally posted by Takmon
    Again, yes, I completely agree. At no point did I say they were liable and thought it was barbaric if you could claim for such a thing. But please do forgive me for acting on a couple of suggestions to at least enquire about it from family and friends.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 20th Oct 19, 9:47 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,446 Thanks
    z1a
    Again, yes, I completely agree. At no point did I say they were liable and thought it was barbaric if you could claim for such a thing. But please do forgive me for acting on a couple of suggestions to at least enquire about it from family and friends.
    Originally posted by CharlotteJT
    "Barbaric" ! Get a grip.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

2,716Users online

Martin's Twitter