Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 10th Sep 19, 10:13 PM
    • 205Posts
    • 836Thanks
    Figgi
    0 WOW
    Boots Christmas offers
    • 10th Sep 19, 10:13 PM
    0 WOW
    Boots Christmas offers 10th Sep 19 at 10:13 PM
    Just heard that the 3 for 2 will not be on for the whole of the Christmas period.

Apparently it will be on for some of the time with other offers at other times, eg 25% off.

Sounds like it could get confusing
Page 3
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Nov 19, 7:24 PM
    • 31,816 Posts
    • 66,100 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    From Thursday to Monday some areas of Christmas gifting is moving to 50% off, and some to 33% and some staying at 25%.

There are also a new set of 12 Big Bets and 6 Fragrance Big Bets as well as a couple of new Big Deals.
    Originally posted by Figgi
    I walked through the large Boots in town this evening and couldn't help but think there's a load of carp in easily wrappable boxes that no one actually covets. Buying them is just a case of giving for giving's sake and not MSE.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • gt568
    • By gt568 4th Nov 19, 7:46 PM
    • 1,844 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    gt568
    I walked through the large Boots in town this evening and couldn't help but think there's a load of carp in easily wrappable boxes that no one actually covets. Buying them is just a case of giving for giving's sake and not MSE.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse

You could not be more right! My heart despairs when I see such tat!
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 5th Nov 19, 6:37 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    You could not be more right! My heart despairs when I see such tat!
    Originally posted by gt568
    Strangely enough I think the same when walking through most, if not all, high street shops at Christmas
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 5th Nov 19, 2:22 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    Here are the list of areas that are going 50% off.

Christmas Wrapping paper, Jack Wills Mens, Jack Wills Ladies, Lynx, FCUK, Red5, Zoella, Masq'd, Giovanna Fletcher, Mean Girls, Beauty Kitchen, Milly Green, When You Wish Upon A Star

These are going a third off

Boxed Christmas Cards, Christmas Gift Dressings, Christmas Tags, Yankee Christmas Fragrances and Gift Sets (excluding Yankee Christmas Collection), Boots Christmas Home Fragrance, LMX, Soap & Glory, Champneys Ladies, Champneys Mens, Beauty Bakerie, Best of Beauty
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 5th Nov 19, 2:34 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    Next 2 Big Deals starting on Wednesday

Clinique Winter Glow Essentials(8624828) - currently £70

Free YSL Mini Box Bag when you spend £100 or more on YSL fragrance and beauty
    • grunnie
    • By grunnie 6th Nov 19, 8:59 AM
    • 1,760 Posts
    • 10,575 Thanks
    grunnie
    Was in Boots yesterday and bought. Nothing. Loads of tat in boxes so I have saved my money. Usually buy some of their Christmas tea or coffee sets but didn't find them attractive this year. Saw a few bits that looked like last year's sale stuff taken out again. Saw in the papers that Boots owners are trying to sell the company and I can see why.
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 7th Nov 19, 9:15 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    Was in Boots yesterday and bought. Nothing. Loads of tat in boxes so I have saved my money. Usually buy some of their Christmas tea or coffee sets but didn't find them attractive this year. Saw a few bits that looked like last year's sale stuff taken out again. Saw in the papers that Boots owners are trying to sell the company and I can see why.
    Originally posted by grunnie
    It is the whole company that the top owners are trying to take back private, rather than selling part of the company.
    • tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 11th Nov 19, 5:48 PM
    • 4,389 Posts
    • 30,195 Thanks
    tessie bear
    please could i ask does anyone think the big joules bag will be a gift of the week ? i like the look of it but at 50 quid i think i will have to wait for an offer...many thanks to all who post i buy a fair few gifts from boots and its very useful x
    Originally posted by tessie bear
    now £24 which im not sure if thats reasonable but the bag is nice imo
    onwards and upwards
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 12th Nov 19, 8:41 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    3 for 2 is back on today
    • sampan26
    • By sampan26 14th Nov 19, 8:54 AM
    • 632 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    sampan26
    Will there be a points booster event this week?
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 14th Nov 19, 11:03 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    Will there be a points booster event this week?
    Originally posted by sampan26
    Not that I have heard of.
    • koalakoala
    • By koalakoala 14th Nov 19, 2:53 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    koalakoala
    please could i ask does anyone think the big joules bag will be a gift of the week ? i like the look of it but at 50 quid i think i will have to wait for an offer...many thanks to all who post i buy a fair few gifts from boots and its very useful x
    Originally posted by tessie bear
    It's not appealing to me as there are two bath products, and I don't know anyone who takes a bath nowadays, also a fragrance spray, most people have their own favourite perfume
    • judycollins
    • By judycollins 14th Nov 19, 7:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    judycollins
    what's happening with Boots? I thought they would have star gifts weekly like before but this weeks seem to be ongoing. when will they change?
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 16th Nov 19, 8:15 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    what's happening with Boots? I thought they would have star gifts weekly like before but this weeks seem to be ongoing. when will they change?
    Originally posted by judycollins
    They have changed things away from the Star Gift.

They now have two categories, Big Deal and Big Bet.

The Big Deal is the old Star Gift and start each week on the Wednesday, usually planned to run for a week(some have extended but not all) - Current ones that started on 13th are Two Faced Paint the World Pink(£35) and Lancome Hydrazen Set (£32.50)

The Big Bet last two weeks and there are usually about a dozen and then half a dozen fragrence.
    • Toffeelady
    • By Toffeelady 18th Nov 19, 8:29 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Toffeelady
    Any ideas what this weeks Big Deals are Figgi?
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 18th Nov 19, 10:03 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    Any ideas what this weeks Big Deals are Figgi?
    Originally posted by Toffeelady
    There are absolutley loads and loads of deals starting on Wednesday as a lot of Black Friday deals start, over 200.

2 Big Deals are on Paco Rabanne One Million for Men 100ml EDT and Lady Million 50ml EDP, down to £39.90 and £37.50.

Plus on Big Bet

Benefit Superstars only £32.50
    No7 Beauty Wardrobe £25 (half price)
    Couple of Ted Baker
    and a lot lot more

Plus more deals coming on between now and Black Friday
    • Toffeelady
    • By Toffeelady 19th Nov 19, 1:56 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Toffeelady
    There are absolutley loads and loads of deals starting on Wednesday as a lot of Black Friday deals start, over 200.

2 Big Deals are on Paco Rabanne One Million for Men 100ml EDT and Lady Million 50ml EDP, down to £39.90 and £37.50.

Plus on Big Bet

Benefit Superstars only £32.50
    No7 Beauty Wardrobe £25 (half price)
    Couple of Ted Baker
    and a lot lot more

Plus more deals coming on between now and Black Friday
    Originally posted by Figgi
    Thank you Figgi, you’re a star!
    • Toffeelady
    • By Toffeelady 19th Nov 19, 3:05 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Toffeelady
    Any idea when the next points event is?
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 19th Nov 19, 8:27 AM
    • 205 Posts
    • 836 Thanks
    Figgi
    Any idea when the next points event is?
    Originally posted by Toffeelady
    No sorry not yet
    • tildabexter
    • By tildabexter 19th Nov 19, 11:58 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 1,868 Thanks
    tildabexter
    Any update on star gifts? Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,173Posts Today

7,368Users online

Martin's Twitter