Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jess716
    • By Jess716 4th Oct 15, 5:12 PM
    • 88Posts
    • 32Thanks
    Jess716
    Nationwide mortgage
    • 4th Oct 15, 5:12 PM
    Nationwide mortgage 4th Oct 15 at 5:12 PM
    Hi,

I'm new on here (and to the world of mortgages) so please bare with me.

Myself and my husband have seen a house we love and want to buy, we weren't intending on purchasing yet so our bank statements aren't as tidy as they could be but nothing more than going into an overdraft (planned) by 100 now and again.

My husband is self employed and earns 28k after tax and any expenses have been deducted, I am part time and earn 11k, we have 2 dependants but no outgoings for childcare. The only outstanding thing we have is a 5k loan but this will be paid off via sale of car if we get the mortgage.

The house is 180k, we have 18k (savings and some inheritance money kept for about 7 years) and will be using help to buy so it means our ltv will be 75%.
    We have a dip with nationwide and the valuation has been done and the app is now with the underwriters

The thing that concerns me is the credit file side of things, mine is squeaky clean but hubby has 2 late payments 5 years ago on a car finance and also a default registered for 27 by o2 about 3 years ago (due to an issue with them sending bills to the wrong address) there was also a provident loan paid late just under 6 years ago. (I know credit scores mean little but he is still in the excellent band)

Does anyone have any idea on our chances? And do nationwide do a full check on credit file at the beginning (it shows as first mortgage application on file) and if so does that mean they are happy with the content of the credit files?

Sorry for the essay
Page 9
    • xxlauxx
    • By xxlauxx 14th Oct 15, 6:22 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    xxlauxx
    How long has it been since you were updated fairy? They seem to be taking the Mick now x
    • fairyloveheart
    • By fairyloveheart 14th Oct 15, 9:15 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    fairyloveheart
    Well he said we would hopefully have a decision last Friday but still nothing. Hate feeling so out of control.
    • Jess716
    • By Jess716 15th Oct 15, 7:06 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Jess716
    Nope nothing more. I was told there's a 3 day wait on email queries, as my broker has rang them every day.
    So should have an answer today
    • xxlauxx
    • By xxlauxx 15th Oct 15, 7:32 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    xxlauxx
    Ah Jess, I really hope they answer you today!
    • fairyloveheart
    • By fairyloveheart 15th Oct 15, 7:40 AM
    • 240 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    fairyloveheart
    Hope you get an answer today and it's a good one. X
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,510Posts Today

6,762Users online

Martin's Twitter