Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    AP007
    After the Work Programme
    • 22nd Jul 13, 8:08 PM
    After the Work Programme 22nd Jul 13 at 8:08 PM
    So, secondary to the WP thread here there are a few who have now finished and have had their meetings at the JC.

What have they now put in place for you and how often are you going to the JC etc?

What 'support' have they offered you?

My meeting tomorrow is about support so would like to know what they have told you all here
    Last edited by AP007; 22-07-2013 at 9:15 PM.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 5
  • AP007
    I currently do 2 days voluntry a week in an office and have been doing so for 12 months.

Have to do a 5 day course soon, cant wait !
    Originally posted by Adamthegreat984
    this is related to coming of the WP?
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 30th Jul 13, 2:56 PM
    • 29,242 Posts
    • 16,258 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    But it creates junk "activity" these idiots want.
    Originally posted by john539
    i was talking to someone who has the same adviser as me today and they only have to do 11 things per week. so why am i saddled with 37. next time i see them i am going to try and persuade them to take off or reduce some of the nonsense. i will tell them the truth. i will say look when i call these people they either say we will contact you if there is something suitable or they say send us your cv.
  • AP007
    i was talking to someone who has the same adviser as me today and they only have to do 11 things per week. so why am i saddled with 37. next time i see them i am going to try and persuade them to take off or reduce some of the nonsense. i will tell them the truth. i will say look when i call these people they either say we will contact you if there is something suitable or they say send us your cv.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    What are the 37 things in detail?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 30th Jul 13, 3:02 PM
    • 29,242 Posts
    • 16,258 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    What are the 37 things in detail?
    Originally posted by AP007
    see post 61.
  • Chester666666
    this is related to coming of the WP?
    People are being forced to do a similar course from 9-5 monday to friday, for some its 2 weeks whilst the unluckiest get 3 weeks, it's yet more cv non-help, interview non-help and money stuff - my adviser claims the unemployed sometimes forgets how to budget is the reason why
  • AP007
    People are being forced to do a similar course from 9-5 monday to friday, for some its 2 weeks whilst the unluckiest get 3 weeks, it's yet more cv non-help, interview non-help and money stuff - my adviser claims the unemployed sometimes forgets how to budget is the reason why
    Originally posted by Chester666666
    Eh? No I am not doing and 'course'. What course is that?

Money stuff? We forget how to budget?? LOL

Yeah cause I have a £1,000,000 to spend each week so I don't have to!

What are you really on about?
  • AP007
    see post 61

i must write to 3 employers per week.
    phone at least 4 employers per week.
    check ujm 7 times per week.
    ask family.
    look in papers.
    visit 3 sites everyday.
    contact 4 agencies per week.

That's nothing at all really.

Just 3 sites a day????

That's all do-able
    • Adamthegreat984
    • By Adamthegreat984 30th Jul 13, 3:15 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Adamthegreat984
    Im a work programme returner as of like 5/6 weeks ago now sorry ap007 i forgot to mention that, hence my enjoyment of this thread.
  • AP007
    Im a work programme returner as of like 5/6 weeks ago now sorry ap007 i forgot to mention that, hence my enjoyment of this thread.
    And what support have you been offered? LOL
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 30th Jul 13, 3:24 PM
    • 29,242 Posts
    • 16,258 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    That's nothing at all really.

Just 3 sites a day????

That's all do-able
    yes and i do most of that anyway. the issue is wasting time messing about filling in the form and making sure everything is correct. also phoning employers or agencies is a costly waste of time.
    the more that is required the more chance you have of slipping up and getting sanctioned.
    its actually 4 sites if you include ujm. i believe i am going to need 2 of the forms to get everything that is required recorded. in that 2 minutes i sign on are they really going to read through several pages on these forms?
    • Adamthegreat984
    • By Adamthegreat984 30th Jul 13, 3:26 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Adamthegreat984
    They have just thrown UJM down my throat realy, its not been as bad as some are reporting.

I cant wait to waist my time on this course though
  • AP007
    They have just thrown UJM down my throat realy, its not been as bad as some are reporting.

I cant wait to waist my time on this course though
    What course???
  • AP007
    yes and i do most of that anyway. the issue is wasting time messing about filling in the form and making sure everything is correct. also phoning employers or agencies is a costly waste of time.
    the more that is required the more chance you have of slipping up and getting sanctioned.
    its actually 4 sites if you include ujm. i believe i am going to need 2 of the forms to get everything that is required recorded. in that 2 minutes i sign on are they really going to read through several pages on these forms?
    How can you slip up?

Say you called 4 agencies - how are they going to check? Call them up too and speak to the person who has spoken to 100's of people in that time?

2 forms? That all? I fill in at least two every two weeks and I ONLY write down job applications as job search activity is something separate and they would never want you really to write that all down as well as the jobs you apply for!

They have no time to look at these things.
    • john539
    • By john539 30th Jul 13, 3:49 PM
    • 15,402 Posts
    • 10,960 Thanks
    john539
    Good luck, but you know what they are like, they are clueless idiots.

They will say there are 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to do these things.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 30th Jul 13, 4:01 PM
    • 29,242 Posts
    • 16,258 Thanks
    donnajunkie

job search activity is something separate and they would never want you really to write that all down as well as the jobs you apply for!
    i'm afraid they do. you are supposed to record all activity on the forms. so everything that your jsa agreement stipulates you must be seen to have done on the forms. at the start of the form it gives 3 examples. check them out, it isnt just examples of jobs applied for. the first example is just recording a visit to the jobcentre.
    in the past i have been the same as you and just shown a log of jobs applied for but things have changed now and with all these requirements on me i cant risk not recording them all.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 30th Jul 13, 4:03 PM
    • 29,242 Posts
    • 16,258 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Good luck, but you know what they are like, they are clueless idiots.

They will say there are 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to do these things.
    Originally posted by john539
    if they say no the rules expect that amount now then i will say how come another one of your clients only has 11. they did say it isnt set in stone and can be changed.
    • scooby088
    • By scooby088 30th Jul 13, 4:17 PM
    • 3,244 Posts
    • 3,568 Thanks
    scooby088
    I thought the sheets was was everything you have done to find work including asking mates if they have jobs at there place of work. That is what I used to do,, I'd list every job I applied to and every place I had been to find work.
  • AP007
    i'm afraid they do. you are supposed to record all activity on the forms. so everything that your jsa agreement stipulates you must be seen to have done on the forms. at the start of the form it gives 3 examples. check them out, it isnt just examples of jobs applied for. the first example is just recording a visit to the jobcentre.
    in the past i have been the same as you and just shown a log of jobs applied for but things have changed now and with all these requirements on me i cant risk not recording them all.
    That's why everytime I go to sign on they tell me 'you are writing down too many things'

Or is that why the form I have is not written correctly?

It says to write down all job search activity yet the headings on the table are ONLY for job applications
  • AP007
    I thought the sheets was was everything you have done to find work including asking mates if they have jobs at there place of work. That is what I used to do,, I'd list every job I applied to and every place I had been to find work.
    Originally posted by scooby088
    You must have a different sheet to mine then as the table is only about jobs you have applied for with the headings

DATE, JOB TITLE/ REF NUMBER, COMPANY/PERSON CONTACT, CONTACT DETIALS/PHONE #/EMAIL, WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS VACANCY eg WEBSITE NEWSPAPER, METHOD OF APPLICATION, DATE OF FOLLOW UP/OUTCOME

No boxes at all to list job search activity

I would have filled one up already I have searched 20 sites today alone and there is only space for 15 entries per sheet

PS
    If I added everything I have done I would be putting

8am searched Reed and there was nothing
    8.10am searched Cityjobs and found a job etc to applied then I fill in the line where they want the detail of the job I applied for
    8.15am searched Totaljobs - found nothing
    8.20am searched Caterer found a job
    8.21am applied to job on the Caterer

etc etc

IF they want that, it makes no sense at all and the form I have is wrong
    Last edited by AP007; 30-07-2013 at 4:27 PM.
    • Jerry Mander
    • By Jerry Mander 30th Jul 13, 4:28 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    Jerry Mander
    my adviser claims the unemployed sometimes forgets how to budget is the reason why
    Originally posted by Chester666666
    Anyone who can survive week in, week out, on £70.70 per week is more than adept at budgeting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,065Posts Today

7,473Users online

Martin's Twitter