Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • shameless-about-money
    Aha but I have found the thread re the signature posts for Mortgage Advisers and our Kenshaz decided to take the glory for it being here!!!

No wonder he is desperate to jump on me!!!
  • kenshaz
    They have appointed me as a Mortgage Adviser - I have that in writing.

shameless-about-money.These are your words not mine,the above post is for all to see therefore please insert a signature as per the conduct of conduct.
    Last edited by kenshaz; 18-04-2007 at 7:57 AM.
    To be happy you need to make someone happy.

• kenshaz
    MoneySavingExpert.com Mortgage Board
    Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct

Many mortgage brokers and advisers use this forum and voluntarily give up their time to help other MoneySavers. However as these are professional people who make their living out of mortgage advice; to ensure there’s no conflict of interest, the following is a Code of Conduct that has been drawn up for advisers posting. It was drawn up after a discussion with regular posters on the

I am happy to direct you to the discussion area which was instrumental in the formation of this code.I am pleased that I had a contribution to make,the final decision was made by Martin and his team.
    Last edited by kenshaz; 18-04-2007 at 8:04 AM.

• kenshaz
    Mortgage Advisers should not recommend other Advisers. To prevent accusations of reciprocal help or deals, mortgage brokers should not be recommending specific other brokers. If a poster is asking for recommendations, it is best left to non-brokers or they should be referred to the MSE article.
    less-about-money vbmenu_register("postmenu_4917354", true);
    EverSoRegular MoneySaver

Have you thought about remortgaging? I know that it would make your debts secured rather than unsecured and you would pay more in the long term. Doing a remortgage would not be possible with any arrears, though, that is another problem.
    By doing a remortgage or by taking a second charge to cover your debts you would save yourself from bankruptcy and save your house.

Is your mortgage capital repayment or interest only? You could switch the former to the latter and do a remortgage/consolidation, perhaps?

Have you discussed your problems with your Lender? They are supposed to be of assistance to you.

This all would depend on your income and affordability.

On the other hand you could sell your home and move to somewhere smaller, pay off your debts and save yourself from bankruptcy. I know this would be a hassle for you.

You really need to make an appointment with an Independent Mortgage Adviser for solid advice. Or go to the Mortgage Forum here and look up Mortgage Mamma whom would be able to help you with advice on the phone/by email.

• kenshaz
    I have reported your comments to the moderators and therefore wish to have no further comment.

• shameless-about-money
    I am not working as a mortgage adviser and the recommendation says IF, not that I have to.

In the rules it says that one Mortgage Adviser shouldn't recommend another - I CAN recommend mortgage mamma simply because I am not yet working as a mortgage adviser!!

My posts cannot carry the signature until I have CAS.

Why do you have a problem with that?
    Last edited by shameless-about-money; 18-04-2007 at 8:32 AM.
  • shameless-about-money
    Thanks Mr. H.

The information I gave on that other thread is common knowledge - not the prerogative of a mortgage adviser!
    A lot of folks with a mortgage don't know that the lender has a duty of care in helping the mortgagor whom is in financial trouble.

I am a Debt Counsellor - so I was dealing with folks with mortgages . I have been doing debt counselling for over two years, that is what led me to the Mortgage Adviser route. In that work I simply passed the client across to an Independent Mortgage Adviser. I am not allowed to put "debt counsellor" in my signature, though.

A lot of folks with debts do not want to see anyone face to face because they are so ashamed that they got themselves into the mess they are in. I recommended the poster to go to the mortgage board to get some direction for that very reason.
    Last edited by shameless-about-money; 18-04-2007 at 9:02 AM.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 18th Apr 07, 9:52 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Hi Kenshaz

Just wanted to let you know a couple of things as I know you like me because as you say I speak the truth and from the heart

Shameless is a really nice woman, she has spent 23 years of her life counselling people in different areas, you know how some people are givers and some people are just in it for themselves (me and you know how to tell them apart don't we?) well Shameless is a giver. I remember when me and you first met Kenshaz and we locked horns for weeks, and it was not until you looked back over some of my previous posts and non mortgage related posts that you realised I was just a good natured human being, with problems, weakneses and vunerability just like everyone else. Well shameless is very similar to me in that respect, she is the sort of woman who would give someone her last £1 if she thought they needed it more than she did.

So, I'm asking you, as a friend, to give her a break. She is well aware of the forum rules because we've all made sure she was, and unlike people like wardlaw who repeatedly flouted the rules no matter how many times I directed him to them, she doesn't deserve to be given a hard time.

It takes a trainee mortgage adviser - which is what she is - up to 12 months post qualification to achieve competent adviser status, i.e. where they are able to advise without supervision - so technically, she is not an adviser, and she has not yet even commenced her trainee position. She has said she will put the adviser signature in when she starts the role properly.

As for recommending me (why is it my name always ends up in the middle of trouble?) she did that because she knows I have the highest standards for my clients, I know what I'm talking about (and if I dont I find out) and that I REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. There are no referral arrangements between us, we are just friends. Surely that can only be a good thing?

Come on you grumpy old !!!!!! give us a hug

MM x
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • toonfish
    save your fingers, and just tell him to get lost.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.

This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

• MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 18th Apr 07, 10:17 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    save your fingers, and just tell him to get lost.
    Originally posted by toonfish
    I always tend to appeal to peoples better nature, and he's alright really in his own way I know from experience, I've been in the ring with him many a time.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • payless
    • By payless 18th Apr 07, 10:32 AM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    May I draw your attention to one of Martin's posts -

Mortgage Advisers' signatures. If mortgage brokers want to add a signature about being a broker to their post it should be

I am a Mortgage Adviser
    BUT ALSO read on

Mortgage Advisers who choose not to use the signature should not indicate they are brokers in any other way within their posts.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • shameless-about-money
    Payless this is all immaterial!

I am NOT yet working as a Mortgage Adviser.

I have been given employment as a Mortgage Adviser, which I have in writing, since the Company are taking me as fully CeMap qualified.

My Induction Week starts 30th April.
    I am not CAS.

Do the mortgage advisers like you only read what you want to and ignore the rest? You, of all people. should know how the training schedule works, so why are you joining Kenshaz in his nonsense?
    Last edited by shameless-about-money; 18-04-2007 at 10:53 AM.
  • toonfish

Do you folks only read what you want to and ignore the rest?
    Originally posted by shameless-about-money
    we're back to the Mail on Sunday!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.

This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

• shameless-about-money
    we're back to the Mail on Sunday!
    Originally posted by toonfish

• payless
    • By payless 18th Apr 07, 11:20 AM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    Payless this is all immaterial!?
    Originally posted by shameless-about-money

But by you highlighting the IF , you made it look like it was optional to apply the signature ... thus I expanded

Do the mortgage advisers like you only read what you want to and ignore the rest? You, of all people. should know how the training schedule works, so why are you joining Kenshaz in his nonsense
    Don't take a pop at me ... I did not take one at you , just ensured the pasted section from an article was expanded upon for clarity

Yes, I have worked in FS since 1984, and was classed competent ready for " A day" , and at the various changes since .

I have little interest in how long it takes to become CAS ,( varies greatly from on firm to another) as I have no intention of employing a trainee.

As mentioned , whilst you will learn the basics during training , the skills for being a good adviser, or the traits of a bad one will come over time.

I am not joining anyone's nonsense ... although in some ways he does have a point ( but maybe a little early )
    Last edited by payless; 18-04-2007 at 11:28 AM.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • shameless-about-money
    All you need to do is to read Kenshaz' posts on any of his other threads to find that he has a major attitude problem.

Whilst we are on 'disclosing' I am a Hypnoanalyst by profession too - I use hypnosis as an adjunct to psycho-analytical therapy work - I can usually spot someone in need a mile away.

Also - the thread title is 'Mortgage Adviser Trainee'.
    Last edited by shameless-about-money; 18-04-2007 at 11:30 AM.
    • payless
    • By payless 18th Apr 07, 11:33 AM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    remember the one of the rules of this forum

Please be nice to all MoneySavers. ..... and even if you disagree courtesy helps
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 18th Apr 07, 11:36 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Right well thats everyone set straight. Shameless knows she's got to disclose status when competent but, shameless, may I make a suggestion - you could add a signature and put that you are a "trainee mortgage adviser"- that way you are disclosing you have some professional knowledge, without misleading anyone that you are yet fully competentIt will also appease Kenshaz and Payless and shows that you are keeping the spirit of the board rules and stops this thread getting out of control!Not siding with anyone here, but I know from experience how these issues can drag on and get dissected - I think the last discussion of a similar nature was 137 pages long.
    Last edited by MortgageMamma; 18-04-2007 at 11:38 AM.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 18th Apr 07, 3:10 PM
    • 98,581 Posts
    • 67,058 Thanks
    dunstonh
    What a prime example of what we mean by Mail readers:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=430325

Complaining straight to FOS despite nothing being wrong with the product and no advice ever being sought.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 18th Apr 07, 3:14 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    cant believe this is still dragging out, kenshaz has not even been back to comment has he? or am I going blind?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

35Posts Today

4,110Users online

Martin's Twitter