Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    homer_j
    Using multiple brokers to obtain the best mortgage
    • 22nd Sep 06, 10:01 PM
    Using multiple brokers to obtain the best mortgage 22nd Sep 06 at 10:01 PM
    Following a post tonight from Kenshaz, he has raised the question of shoppingh around various mortgage brokers to get the best deal.

I have created this to ensure other peoples posts do not get trashed!

Kenshaz - the floor is yours to start your point!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Page 9
  • kenshaz
    nothing to do with me... I reported this thread yesterday anyway as was getting out of hand
    by payless
    are you a guide,or just trying to stifle open debate ,from the perspective of a broker with a link to a website
    To be happy you need to make someone happy.

• payless
    • By payless 27th Sep 06, 12:10 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    by kenshaz
    are you a guide... What I do in my own time , Oh you mean board guide .. NO , just a long standing and active member of this online community ( as mentioned in the book that you quote .. page vii of his first edition- not sure if changed it since)

or just trying to stifle open debate .... far from it, but know that the site owners do not like bickering on these boards, ( especially the financial ones) and request anything thats gets out of hand to be reported.

from the perspective of a broker with a link to a website... I like many people use the profile options as allowed within the site rules ( feel free to query its usage with the MODS)
    Last edited by payless; 27-09-2006 at 12:18 PM.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 27th Sep 06, 12:10 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    My little marmoset,your business partner and husband must be very special people ,your Dad had no choice.I already have an understanding of you just stop moving the goal posts.Open personalities are my preference to quiet sit on the fence individuals ,who say nothing ,upset no one ,but are plotting your downfall.How about badges for your partner and husband Saint
    by kenshaz
    Smoochy poo's

I really did make I love kenshaz badges yesterday with my "kids" badgemaking machine, would you like on that says I love MortgageMamma, or perhaps you shoudl just put that in your signature:rolleyes:

My husband has a badge that says "you can have as many dogs as you want, just leave me alone"

and my business partner has a badge that says "Dont look at me like that, YOU started it "

Anyway just found this, am off to serve lunch to my poorly grandmother so won't be around to annoy you for a few hours! http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/story.asp?storycode=15137&sectioncode=4&navcode=44
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kenshaz
    are you a guide... What I do in my own time , Oh you mean board guide .. NO , just a long standing and active member of this online community I see self appointment,guardian of the truth.Regarding what you do at week-ends,that is personal,are you a leader?

or just trying to stifle open debate .... far from it, but know that the site owners do not like bickering on these boards, ( especially the financial ones) and request anything thats gets out of hand to be reported.
    are you speaking on behalf of the moderators,I am sure that they are well able ,and would not welcome your unfounded intervention

from the perspective of a broker with a link to a website... I like many people use the profile options as allowed within the site rules
    by payless
    Sure but it does allow others to form assumptions ,please explain the reasons ,because the majority function without a link,curious as to why you require one
    Last edited by kenshaz; 27-09-2006 at 12:27 PM.

• Arch-Angel
    are you speaking on behalf of the moderators,I am sure that they are well able ,and would not welcome your unfounded intervention
    by kenshaz
    That's what the red and white triangle is at the bottom left of every post is for - to report a bad post to the moderators. A similar procedure is no doubt in place for reporting bad threads, however, I suspect the mods would be happy with a post being reported in order to highlight the entire thread.
    • payless
    • By payless 27th Sep 06, 12:35 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    1, - not sure what you mean , you asked if I was a guide and I answered you in full. ( no I have nothing to do with that association - I believe its an all female outfit - my comment was a joke! )

2. In some ways yes... as its been mentioned before , and its hardly unfonded intervention .. they ask to be told , as they don't get chance to read everything ( thats whats the little triange is all about) .. they will make whatever decision they want about the direction of this thread .

3. I'm a person not a number ...... the site link shows who I am , I stand by my comments and as such feel the need for transparency. I'm also a business man- I think a link on forums helps one's own webpage rankings ( see my previous post about business costs such as advertising , and how having low overheads helps me offer a good priced service) and if as ML says the brokers who answer a question is a fair starting point, people need can see my contact / regulatory info ( although as its in a profile it needs to be searched for , rather than flashed up on the screen with every post)
    Last edited by payless; 27-09-2006 at 12:40 PM.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • kenshaz
    That's what the red and white triangle is at the bottom left of every post is for - to report a bad post to the moderators. A similar procedure is no doubt in place for reporting bad threads, however, I suspect the mods would be happy with a post being reported in order to highlight the entire thread.
    by Arch-Angel
    and making comments about wanting badges with my username on is that not inflammatory or is it OK for you

What is a bad post ,someone who disagrees.:rolleyes:

Perhaps the thought police should be involved

My belief is that a bad post,is making personal comments about an individual,insulting and threatening,with adjectives which make reference to them and not their opinion,using vulgar comments.BUT DISAGREEING THAT IS FINE,and even the occasional bicker as long as it does not get personal
    Last edited by kenshaz; 27-09-2006 at 1:19 PM.

• Joe_Bloggs
    • By Joe_Bloggs 27th Sep 06, 1:22 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 1,583 Thanks
    Joe_Bloggs
    In isolation and not as a response to any post.
    I as a non business person would have no idea of the issues that affect those that are in business and deal with mortgage finance. I thank those that contribute to this thread.
    I think Kenshaz should have ago at designing Payless a better web page.

J_B.(The richer you are the more altruistic you can afford to be.)
    • payless
    • By payless 27th Sep 06, 1:26 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    well why not leave it to them then ,I am sure that they can see how impartial every-one is.

Because they ask us to.

But this is a site for consumers,not business,
    Certain sectors of this site would not work , if it was not down various "business people" sharing their knowledge ....this has been acknowledged in emails from the site owners .. I won't paste the exact comments, as I don't have authority to share the comments in a personal communication.

no need to know who you are,let the forum decide your status.
    The ownewrs of this site are deciding what format of disclosure is best suited... by opening this subject you are going against the express wishes of the MOD who posted such on the previous thread.

But why do they need to know your regulatory info,
    Status disclosure is in the consumers interest.

What has your business over-heads got to do with this site?
    One of the more interesting parts of this thread was regarding different brokers cost bases

---
    As I said, this is now effectively going over old ground- which the MODS asked not to be the case ... so I will not be drawn further
    • payless
    • By payless 27th Sep 06, 1:30 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    I think Kenshaz should have ago at designing Payless a better web page.

I actually like it ... all my own work ( you should have seen the original - yet another low overhead ) basic , - point of contact - no risky statements that require all that extra small print.
    • Joe_Bloggs
    • By Joe_Bloggs 27th Sep 06, 1:33 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 1,583 Thanks
    Joe_Bloggs
    It could have been the work of one of your kids and I would have felt terrible in criticising it for the plain nature. I'm sure it looks good on a mobile phone.
    J_B.
  • kenshaz
    I am happy to post without revealing my professional expertise,it is not necessary for individuals to define their status to assist on forums,are you not a consumer ,then post as a consumer with expertise

• payless
    • By payless 27th Sep 06, 1:35 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    As I said, this is now effectively going over old ground- which the MODS asked not to happen ... so I will not be drawn further

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=263323&page=24
    Last edited by payless; 27-09-2006 at 1:45 PM.
    • payless
    • By payless 27th Sep 06, 1:40 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    It could have been the work of one of your kids and I would have felt terrible in criticising it for the plain nature. I'm sure it looks good on a mobile phone.
    J_B.
    by Joe_Bloggs
    Plain is what I wanted !

As a consumer what would you want from the website of a small brokerage ?
  • kenshaz
    As I said, this is now effectively going over old ground- which the MODS asked not to happen ... so I will not be drawn further
    by payless
    Are you speaking on behalf of the moderators again,they are moderators not thought police,the fact of which I am sure they are well aware.

Never know they might send you a personal little thank-you as a business man,have any other business men had a special thank-you.

• Joe_Bloggs
    • By Joe_Bloggs 27th Sep 06, 1:52 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 1,583 Thanks
    Joe_Bloggs
    @Payless
    Perhaps the impression that it was not so small and could afford to pay a profesional web page designer. This has to be juxtaposed, in some way that emphasises the individual attention that the client will get.
    J_B.
  • Arch-Angel
    and making comments about wanting badges with my username on is that not inflammatory or is it OK for you
    by kenshaz
    That would depend on your interpretation on what was meant as a light-hearted comment. If you took offence then I apologise. However, you did say earlier in this thread (post 29 - directed at MortgageMamma):

now that you have got that off your chest,thanks for the thanks on the other thread,made me realize that you are vulnerable
    Regards Ken
    chicks might rule OK and probably do a very good job,just glad it's not you:rolleyes:
    by kenshaz
    Was that an inflammatory comment? Or just a light-hearted comment taken the wrong way. It's easy to mis-interpret a post...
    What is a bad post ,someone who disagrees.:rolleyes:

Perhaps the thought police should be involved

My belief is that a bad post,is making personal comments about an individual,insulting and threatening,with adjectives which make reference to them and not their opinion,using vulgar comments.BUT DISAGREEING THAT IS FINE,and even the occasional bicker as long as it does not get personal
    by kenshaz
    I totally agree - healthy debate is nothing without a few disagreements along the way! However, you do appear to have a major problem with personal comments directed at you. Quite right too - you have every right to take offence. The trouble is you manage to make posts which, by your own definition, can be construed as bad posts - intentionally or otherwise I don't know.

My aim is not to criticise you; rather it is to appeal to you to consider your posts and how they could be interpreted. I have tried to follow my own example - if I failed the fault is my own and (again) I apologise.
    • payless
    • By payless 27th Sep 06, 2:12 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    @Payless
    Perhaps the impression that it was not so small and could afford to pay a profesional web page designer. This has to be juxtaposed, in some way that emphasises the individual attention that the client will get.
    J_B.
    by Joe_Bloggs
    thanks for your feedback, suppose my view the site is not really there to attract business, most mortgage clients will be referred to it ( or pages of on it) or become aware of it only once they have been personally recommended , by which time they know how I work and hopefully made a decison of if they like what I do in my area of expertise.

I am small ( business wise) .. I make no bones about it, ( I had the chance to run with the big boys, but other things were more important to me ) nor the fact that I don't intend to make millions from the industry ( although I don't intend to leave it tomorrow either !)

Also I don't drive around in a 56plate 5 series BMW ( rather spend my money on holidays!) , think most of my clients are happy that I'm just an average guy.

Some poeple will be keen to deal with those that have flasher sites ( or cars- usually on a rental lease! ) in fact in the f/s industry its often used as a sales tool ( follow my advice and you can be as flash as me),-
    suppose then there's me ( family , own car regular holidays, mortgage, home etc...) hey perhaps some people want to be like me after all.
    Last edited by payless; 27-09-2006 at 2:27 PM.
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 27th Sep 06, 2:27 PM
    • 8,116 Posts
    • 42,310 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    I think this one has gone on long enough to be honest I thought most of HelpwhereIcans points in the early post summer up the situation.

I'm going to close it - let's keep it friendly.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

2,024Users online

Martin's Twitter