Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    homer_j
    Using multiple brokers to obtain the best mortgage
    • 22nd Sep 06, 10:01 PM
    Using multiple brokers to obtain the best mortgage 22nd Sep 06 at 10:01 PM
    Following a post tonight from Kenshaz, he has raised the question of shoppingh around various mortgage brokers to get the best deal.

I have created this to ensure other peoples posts do not get trashed!

Kenshaz - the floor is yours to start your point!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Page 3
  • kenshaz
    Last edited by kenshaz; 23-09-2006 at 10:02 PM. Reason: changed mind
    To be happy you need to make someone happy.

• kenshaz
    MortgageMamma some co-ordinates N61 11' 05.5''
    W130 30' 10.0''
    please keep my location a secret

• MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 23rd Sep 06, 10:16 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    sorry kenshaz, the only co-ordinates I am capable of locating are in the soft furnishings department at M & S!!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 23rd Sep 06, 10:33 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Hmmm this is where it will be hiding Andy. I cant give co-ordinates as I can't find it specifically on google earth but here's the ordenance survey reference if that helps

99:SE206650
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 23rd Sep 06, 10:39 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    No - found it! X: 21200m Y: 465100m Lat:54:04:53N (54.0814) Lon:1:40:38W (-1.6771)does that look like something you would use andy?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• kenshaz
    Je plaisantais seulement

• homer_j
    vous êtes une personne âgée idiote et vous n'avez clairement rien à mieux faire
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • AndrewSmith
    • By AndrewSmith 24th Sep 06, 7:55 AM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    AndrewSmith
    No - found it! X: 21200m Y: 465100m Lat:54:04:53N (54.0814) Lon:1:40:38W (-1.6771)does that look like something you would use andy?
    by MortgageMamma
    I can either use X,Y coords but prefer to use Northings and Westings in Degrees minutes and seconds format. Both my handhelp GPS's are easier to program in that mode.

Mmm interesting location, not far from Harrogate. I like Harrogate one of my favourite places.

Bit of a treck though to the exact location from the road.
    Last edited by AndrewSmith; 24-09-2006 at 8:06 AM.
    • AndrewSmith
    • By AndrewSmith 24th Sep 06, 8:09 AM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    AndrewSmith
    vous êtes une personne âg!e idiote et vous n'avez clairement rien à mieux faire
    by homer_j
    l'homme parle la v!rit!
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 24th Sep 06, 9:23 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    vous êtes une personne âg!e idiote et vous n'avez clairement rien à mieux faire
    by homer_j
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 24th Sep 06, 9:26 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    I can either use X,Y coords but prefer to use Northings and Westings in Degrees minutes and seconds format. Both my handhelp GPS's are easier to program in that mode.

Mmm interesting location, not far from Harrogate. I like Harrogate one of my favourite places.

Bit of a treck though to the exact location from the road.
    by AndrewSmith

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-brimhamrocks/

Fantastic place for a day out in good weather, the kids can run up and down the rocks and its really interesting and educational for them - we go and have picnics there in the summer - miles of it to explore...
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• HelpWhereIcan
    • By HelpWhereIcan 24th Sep 06, 9:57 AM
    • 1,228 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    HelpWhereIcan
    Je plaisantais seulement
    by kenshaz
    discuter en francais!!! En MSE, nous sommes devenus tres sophistique!!!

vous êtes une personne âgée idiote et vous n'avez clairement rien à mieux faire
    by homer_j
    une personne? - J'ai cru que kenshaz etait un homme!! Ca ne fait rien, je ne suis pas 'le police de grammaire'!!!

peut etre, homer_j va dire qu'il a seulement plaisante.
    Last edited by HelpWhereIcan; 24-09-2006 at 10:03 AM.
    I am an IFA (and boss o' t'swings idst)
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as an IFA, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kenshaz
    vous êtes une personne âgée homer -j et vous n'avez clairement rien à mieux faire
    by homer_j

I have a beautiful Grand-daughter who takes up all my time
    Last edited by kenshaz; 24-09-2006 at 12:02 PM.

• kenshaz
    l'homme parle la vérité
    by AndrewSmith
    I have decided that I do not want to come out to play
    Last edited by kenshaz; 24-09-2006 at 12:04 PM.

• payless
    • By payless 24th Sep 06, 11:41 AM
    • 6,608 Posts
    • 2,361 Thanks
    payless
    Given the previous thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=263323
    got closed down - likely as degraded down to the same level as this thread ... prerhaps time to let it rest guys
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • kenshaz
    Given the previous thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=263323
    got closed down - likely as degraded down to the same level as this thread ... prerhaps time to let it rest guys
    by payless
    The voice of reason,I have learned a lot about mortgage broker's and it is all good,a written message can sometimes be interpreted differently from what was meant,please do not hold that against me
    Regards Ken

• kenshaz
    Ken,

I dont think anyone has any opinion of you at all actually. By your own responses and justifications (or lack of them) you have shown exactly the type of person you are.

However I take no offence at your comments about me as your opinion means little to me personally.

Now then girls, time to move this on.
    by AndrewSmith
    Well how magnanimous:rolleyes:
    and a sexist remark to boot

• MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 24th Sep 06, 1:00 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Lets all be nice to eachother like payless says! Please!

Also, can we all talk in English as I don't speak french and feel left out
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• kenshaz
    Lets all be nice to eachother like payless says! Please!

Also, can we all talk in English as I don't speak french and feel left out
    by MortgageMamma
    But your English is very good,and your homing ability superb
    Last edited by kenshaz; 24-09-2006 at 2:39 PM.

• TangentMan
    This was an interesting thread. My view is that it us up to your moral viewpoint about who does what work etc. If you know someone has done good work for you you should give them some reward(even if you end up not using them for the actual transaction).
    I think the "small local broker" argument is completely irrelevant. Who cares if the person doing the work is a mighty corporate or a one-person band type operation? At the end of the day someone is potentially having their time wasted and their income reduced.

If I went into a large high street lender and had a morning of having mortgages (not necessarily products) explained to me and then went to a broker would we be sympathetic for the advisor in the branch? Probably not, even though their sales target and therefore income may have been dented by my action.

Its all part of the game. Brokers, for example, will often advise a customer to add a fee to a loan in case the application does not go through, that way the customer has not lost their application fee. Good advice, but from the Bank's point of view they have done work and received no income.

If customers shop around more than one broker, it might be that brokers start charging fees up front that are at least partly refundable.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,370Posts Today

8,643Users online

Martin's Twitter