Chinese Visa

Anyone applied for a VISA to China having previously visited Turkey a couple of years prior?
Applying in London.

I know there has been reported issues of people being refused a VISA because they visited Turkey but when searching on the internet it seems very hard to pin point what nationality and which embassy/part of the world they're applying from.

I know you need proof of flights and accommodation, which I can just book and then cancel but the cost of the VISA is still £175 if it gets refused.

Comments

• What's the underlying issue between China and Turkey causing a visa problem ?

Anything to do with ISIS recruits and camp followers travelling to Syria etc. via Turkey ?

Or am I on the wrong track ?
  • I've had a visa to China and I've been to Turkey more times than I can count, owned an apartment there.

I won't be going back to China, merely because of the hassle of getting a visa
  • Hey, I managed to get a VISA to China from the embassy in London. I went through an agency though but it was super easy. I can dig out the name if that helps?
  • No, I don't think you're wrong and could have a very valid point. I have never visited Turkey but got a VISA to China no problems.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What's the underlying issue between China and Turkey causing a visa problem ?

I think it is more that the Chinese government is vigorously controlling the lives of the Turkic Muslim people in Western China, and the Turkish government objects. I never heard of this causing visa difficulties for Europeans, though.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ngozi wrote: »
    Anyone applied for a VISA to China having previously visited Turkey a couple of years prior?
    Applying in London.

did the visit to Turkey result in a stamp in your current passport?
    If not then simply don't declare it as a place visited in the last 10 years.
    If there is a stamp in the passport then maybe ask advice from a passport agency. I can happily recommend RealRussia.co.uk - they're currently doing my Russian and Chinese visas, uber-efficient and helpful staff.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Ngozi
    Ngozi Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    mgdavid wrote: »
    did the visit to Turkey result in a stamp in your current passport?
    If not then simply don't declare it as a place visited in the last 10 years.
    If there is a stamp in the passport then maybe ask advice from a passport agency. I can happily recommend RealRussia.co.uk - they're currently doing my Russian and Chinese visas, uber-efficient and helpful staff.

I got the Turkish stamps in passport, did think about just getting a new passport with no stamps but if the passport is new, they can ask for the old passport.

I'll check the site you recommended.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport