Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • billy2shots
    • By billy2shots 12th Nov 19, 7:12 PM
    • 358Posts
    • 397Thanks
    billy2shots
    0 WOW
    Feltham London
    • 12th Nov 19, 7:12 PM
    0 WOW
    Feltham London 12th Nov 19 at 7:12 PM
    Travelling up to see the Rugby this weekend at Twickenham with a few friends.
    3 of us (males) will stay and have booked a hotel in Feltham Hounslow due to cost and ease of getting to the stadium.

We will stay in Twickenham after the game (Fiji v Barbarians) and head to the hotel late at night.

Research shows it’s not the safest part of the world. The hotel is 9 minutes walk from Feltham station.
    Does anyone know if it’s safe to walk or is the station big enough to have regular taxis waiting?
    Last edited by billy2shots; 12-11-2019 at 8:56 PM.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 12th Nov 19, 7:51 PM
    • 9,598 Posts
    • 10,135 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 12th Nov 19, 7:51 PM
    • 12th Nov 19, 7:51 PM
    When did Feltham leave the UK?
    • Duckyduck
    • By Duckyduck 12th Nov 19, 7:56 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    Duckyduck
    • 12th Nov 19, 7:56 PM
    • 12th Nov 19, 7:56 PM
    As 3 lads you’ll be fine, if you go looking for a fight you’ll probably get one, but that could happen most places, but just keep to yourselves and you’ll be fine. Felthams not the best part of the world but it doesn’t feel dangerous (I’ve stayed at the travelodge there a few times arriving late at night and it’s fine, be aware of your surroundings like you should be anywhere and it’ll probably be uneventful.

If it’s the travelodge it’s more like 5 min walk, round a pedestrianised area so walking just as quick as a taxi.

There is a taxi rank at the station, but between train and taxi and Uber from Twickenham might be better value between 3.
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
    • billy2shots
    • By billy2shots 12th Nov 19, 8:05 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    billy2shots
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:05 PM
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:05 PM
    Originally posted by pogofish

Sorry, couldn’t find the right place the ‘and travel planning ‘ got me. Must have read it out of context.
    • phatbear
    • By phatbear 12th Nov 19, 8:09 PM
    • 3,571 Posts
    • 3,247 Thanks
    phatbear
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:09 PM
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:09 PM
    Well im confused by this post.

Someone else has already queried when feltham left the uk.

But this weekend its barbarians vs fiji not australia at twickenham its the killik cup!
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 12th Nov 19, 8:26 PM
    • 5,303 Posts
    • 4,348 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:26 PM
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:26 PM
    I've often stopped at the Feltham Travelodge after attending matches at Twickenham. It's not the prettiest or most exciting part of London but it's only a couple of stops away and I've never had a problem.

If you want a few drinks after the game I would head into Richmond as Twickenham itself gets too busy on matchdays and there is nothing in Feltham apart from a McDonalds and Wetherspoons.
    • billy2shots
    • By billy2shots 12th Nov 19, 8:58 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    billy2shots
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:58 PM
    • 12th Nov 19, 8:58 PM
    The hotel is the St Giles Hotel.
    Looks like a one way system as walking is quicker than taxi judging by google maps.

Thanks Doshwaster and Duckyduck
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Nov 19, 8:59 AM
    • 39,642 Posts
    • 163,796 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 13th Nov 19, 8:59 AM
    • 13th Nov 19, 8:59 AM
    Originally posted by pogofish
    Now moved back to the UK!

OP I've moved your thread to the more appropriate board. Safe travels!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
    • billy2shots
    • By billy2shots 13th Nov 19, 10:54 AM
    • 358 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    billy2shots
    • 13th Nov 19, 10:54 AM
    • 13th Nov 19, 10:54 AM
    Many thanks
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 13th Nov 19, 10:28 PM
    • 5,303 Posts
    • 4,348 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    The hotel is the St Giles Hotel.
    Looks like a one way system as walking is quicker than taxi judging by google maps.

Thanks Doshwaster and Duckyduck
    Originally posted by billy2shots
    Looks about a 5 min walk, max.

The last time I was in Feltham was a few months ago and they had the whole area around the railway station dug up for roadworks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

587Posts Today

4,847Users online

Martin's Twitter