Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 11th Oct 19, 6:59 PM
    • 1,126Posts
    • 252Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Is Internet cheaper?
    • 11th Oct 19, 6:59 PM
    Is Internet cheaper? 11th Oct 19 at 6:59 PM
    I am with VM for Internet and Phone (in contract). I was just window shopping and walked into Carphone Warehouse. They said to me, they can offer the same package with VM but much cheaper (if I go through them)?

Thanks
Page 1
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 31st Oct 19, 7:50 PM
    • 1,126 Posts
    • 252 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    • 31st Oct 19, 7:50 PM
    • 31st Oct 19, 7:50 PM
    I checked today on my contract, and I am not in a contract.

How do I switch from VM to Computer warehouse (VM) and it will save me about 8 p/m.

Is it easy to switch and what happens if there are any problems with my BB during the contract?

I hope I get some answers...

Thanks
    • Chino
    • By Chino 31st Oct 19, 8:06 PM
    • 1,180 Posts
    • 803 Thanks
    Chino
    • 31st Oct 19, 8:06 PM
    • 31st Oct 19, 8:06 PM
    Is it easy to switch and what happens if there are any problems with my BB during the contract?
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    Perhaps questions you could have asked while you were in Carphone Warehouse?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 31st Oct 19, 9:26 PM
    • 35,371 Posts
    • 22,324 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 31st Oct 19, 9:26 PM
    • 31st Oct 19, 9:26 PM
    I checked today on my contract, and I am not in a contract.

How do I switch from VM to Computer warehouse (VM) and it will save me about 8 p/m.

I hope I get some answers...

Thanks
    Originally posted by tazwhoever

You ring VM and say "Ive found a better deal for x amount, are you able to match it or offer something better cost wise" ?

VM rep will either say yes or no.
    It depends if you ant to go through retentions to just start the process to leave.

If you want to leave then speak to VM and start the process.
    Once you get the relevant details speak to TalkTalk and give them the relevant details.

Switch will be started.

If you have issues once the TT contract is started you ring them up and tell them.
    • cranford
    • By cranford 1st Nov 19, 11:22 AM
    • 569 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    cranford
    • 1st Nov 19, 11:22 AM
    • 1st Nov 19, 11:22 AM
    The CPW 27 deal may not be what it seems as there is 35 up front and reverts to 49 after 12 months.
    The prices CPW are offering are similar to any of the deals available to new customers for 12 months on many BB referal sites including VM themselves. VM themselves wont give you the new customer deal and you could call VM but I suspect to get a new customer deal you would need to cancel VM and sign up to one of the BT line companies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

2,119Users online

Martin's Twitter