Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GrahamAnd
    • By GrahamAnd 24th Oct 19, 8:45 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    GrahamAnd
    Vodaphone disaster
    • 24th Oct 19, 8:45 AM
    Vodaphone disaster 24th Oct 19 at 8:45 AM
    On three occasions engineers failed to arrive. Waited and wasted 15 hours. 18 days later than expected still not getting the service Iím paying for. Vodaphone staff promised call backs that never arrived. Now they offer me one month compensation. Dreadful service deeply regret making switch.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 24th Oct 19, 10:02 AM
    • 13,550 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 24th Oct 19, 10:02 AM
    • 24th Oct 19, 10:02 AM
    Did they all die in this disaster ??
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 24th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 4,079 Posts
    • 1,188 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 24th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 24th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    who were you with before ?

so you plugged the new router in and it don't work ?
    • PeterGB
    • By PeterGB 30th Oct 19, 3:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PeterGB
    • 30th Oct 19, 3:58 PM
    Vodaphone "censorship"
    • 30th Oct 19, 3:58 PM
    I took advantage of the recent MSE/Vodaphone offer and ended up with a minor nightmare! Part of my work involves using and analysing Disqus threads on a wide variety of websites. The change to Vodaphone was quick (within a few minutes of Plusnet cutoff) and the download speed rose very quickly to some 25% more than previously - so far so good. Then I attempted to view some Disqus threads and none would load. Suspicious about this "coincidence" of events I did a search and found several references to this problem WHICH VODAPHONE HAD KNOWN ABOUT FOR 4 YEARS!

A change of DNS settings to Cloudflare provided a solution, but if you are not up to tweaking (remotely) your router settings I would suggest steering clear of Vod. There is a brief mention of this on the Voda forum and more extensive (and worrying) coverage on the thinkbroadbanddotcom/vodafone forum.
    Apparently users have also had problems with Imgur, Reddit and Youtube, something to take into account if changing ISP.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 30th Oct 19, 5:46 PM
    • 4,079 Posts
    • 1,188 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 30th Oct 19, 5:46 PM
    • 30th Oct 19, 5:46 PM
    I was also mentioned on this site within the last 2 months
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,143Posts Today

7,083Users online

Martin's Twitter