Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Deblittle
    • By Deblittle 8th Oct 18, 8:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Deblittle
    Onestream broadband
    • 8th Oct 18, 8:39 PM
    Onestream broadband 8th Oct 18 at 8:39 PM
    Does anyone have any experience of this company? I know they are fairly new to providing home broadband but I can't find any reviews anywhere , any advice welcomed, thanks
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 9th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    • 13,566 Posts
    • 6,223 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 9th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    • 9th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    New supplier less than 6 months old not likely to be any/ many reviews
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 9th Oct 18, 10:23 AM
    • 4,867 Posts
    • 2,855 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 9th Oct 18, 10:23 AM
    • 9th Oct 18, 10:23 AM
    Never even heard of them until your thread but given their prices I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on customer feedback.
    • VirginedOut
    • By VirginedOut 9th Oct 18, 2:11 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    VirginedOut
    • 9th Oct 18, 2:11 PM
    • 9th Oct 18, 2:11 PM
    Onestream is owned by OneCom who have a strategic partnership with Vodafone.

https://onecom.co.uk/onecom-buys-evolve-in-deal-set-to-bring-7m-new-earnings-in-first-year/

You have to search quite a bit to find out details about who owns OneStream however it just seems to me that OneStream fibre is actually Vodafone fibre just repackaged in a different way.

OneCom also own the following websites;

commsmanager.com
    connectwithevolve.co.uk
    connectwithonecom.co.uk
    • QQQ
    • By QQQ 18th Dec 18, 3:58 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    QQQ
    • 18th Dec 18, 3:58 PM
    • 18th Dec 18, 3:58 PM
    Have a look at their awful reviews on Trustpilot - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.onestream.co.uk
    • chaoszone
    • By chaoszone 10th Jan 19, 2:57 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    chaoszone
    • 10th Jan 19, 2:57 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 2:57 PM
    I took the plunge on the Black Friday deal (9.99) and have been using the standard broadband for a while now so I thought it's time to give my opinion. I moved from Sky and the biggest complaint I've had is that the download speed is not as good. I believe they piggyback on the Vodafone network and it seems to correlate with reviews of Vodafone's ISP division. However, the ping rate is fast so I would imagine that if you are an online gamer to a certain extent it is a plus point. I've not had problems with IPTV up to now but I do think that it would be in the company's best interest to focus on improving it's download speed. I personally had a smooth transition and have not had reason to contact them directly so I can't comment on customer service. The router is pretty basic but it does the job. Being a new kid on the block there's room for improvement so I guess it remains to be seen as to how good it will be in the long term.

It appear like they have different deals with different comparison sites and at the time of writing "broadband-finder" seem to have the best deal for them.

A point to make though is that there is a massive price hike after 12 months so be careful when your contract is ending.
    Last edited by chaoszone; 10-01-2019 at 3:44 PM.
    • dbunea
    • By dbunea 2nd Feb 19, 11:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dbunea
    • 2nd Feb 19, 11:10 PM
    To be avoided
    • 2nd Feb 19, 11:10 PM
    I wanted to switch to this provider, but they did everything wrong. They weren't capable of making an appointment with an engineer to come and fix the installation, but they did charge me for nothing (and the refund is still pending). Their communication was very poor and delayed. Of course I then decided to find another provider which run everything smoothly.

Onestream - probably the worst company I had to deal with ever.
    • GBpeewit
    • By GBpeewit 18th May 19, 10:19 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    GBpeewit
    • 18th May 19, 10:19 AM
    • 18th May 19, 10:19 AM
    OneStream about to default ?
    I applied for broadband with Onestream for Jetstream Fibre Unlimited Broadband Including Line Rental on 16th April. They confirmed that I could receive the service and asked for a 69.98 up front payment. I paid this. Then on 17th April they said that they could not provide the service to my FTTP property, cancelled the order and promised a refund. Some weeks later I chased up as I had not received a refund. Now over a month has passed and despite chasing a second time still I have had no refund. They promised me broadband but failed to provide it. Then they promised me a refund and have failed to meet their promised timescale. Does not look good. Maybe they are about to default as a company. Avoid.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 18th May 19, 11:27 AM
    • 13,566 Posts
    • 6,223 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 18th May 19, 11:27 AM
    • 18th May 19, 11:27 AM
    BB promise is due i guess to not supplying over FTTP .
    • MudBarf
    • By MudBarf 29th Jun 19, 3:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MudBarf
    Onestream has repeatedly misbilled me since I joined them. The first engineer they sent said the wiring in my home was broken and I needed to get my landlord to run another phone line. The second engineer, nearly a month later, had us up and running minutes after stepping through our door.

Onestream billed us for the month we didn't have internet. Took hours to get through to anyone, and they eventually agreed to credit us.

They currently owe us 153.80. They billed us twice for installation (30 the first time, then 33.80 the second time) and then billed us 120 for a missed engineer appointment that was not missed. They knew it was not missed when they took that money.

I complained about the misbilling on the 13th of May, and after a lot of arguing they agreed to repay the money. They emailed my wife (the account holder, I'm just a named person on the account) to say that yes, they did owe us 153.80, and that we would get a refund within 30 days.

Well, 48 days later and we still don't have our money back. We've called them repeatedly, and every time they tell us it's with the billing department, and we will have our money back within a week.

Another thing I've noticed is that since I put up a negative review on trustpiliot, they've jumped from 1 star to 3. Loads and loads of positive reviews all of a sudden. And they tried to get my review removed. I would guess they tried to get all negative reviews removed.

Not saying they've put up loads of fake reviews, but it does seem suspect, don't you think?
    • blinko
    • By blinko 30th Jun 19, 4:08 PM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 582 Thanks
    blinko
    I haven't had broadband with oneysteam for 5 days now. Held onto he phone for 1 hour apparently network upgrade .

Really just like that put of the blue . Have no idea if I can leave or what to do about it
    • Chino
    • By Chino 30th Jun 19, 5:30 PM
    • 1,182 Posts
    • 803 Thanks
    Chino
    Loads and loads of positive reviews all of a sudden.
    Originally posted by MudBarf
    In case it's any consolation, most/all of the five star reviews for Onestream read as if they've been written by shills, particularly those reviews that carefully mention the full name of a customer service agent that the reviewer has supposedly spoken to.
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.onestream.co.uk
    • Inigo Montoya
    • By Inigo Montoya 19th Jul 19, 8:50 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Inigo Montoya
    given the one year promo price I got (11.99 per month) I consider my own experience to be acceptable

only real issue I had was that the router I was sent had onestream login details that had not been "activated" so I had to phone them up to get them to activated them so I could use the internet ( I could see that this was the issue before I called them as I could see the routers homepage )

since I knew in advance abut the long wait times on the phone (more than 1 hour for me as it happens) I used the https://www.weq4u.co.uk/ APP so I got a callback when I finally got to the front of the queue

apart from that the connection reliability has been flawless so far, no downtime at all (unlike Origin Broadband which I tried a while back for a year)

the speed for basic non fibre ADSL is OK too - similar to my previous provider plusnet

If you can live with not been able to get hold of them very easily to sort out problems & the lack of an online billing system then I'd say they are OK for anybody wanting cheap & reliable promo internet for a year (normal price is not cheap)

Quickest way I found to get hold of them BTW is via twitter
    Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 19-07-2019 at 9:00 PM.
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 31st Jul 19, 6:39 PM
    • 2,723 Posts
    • 1,013 Thanks
    sevenhills
    I haven't had broadband with oneysteam for 5 days now. Held onto he phone for 1 hour apparently network upgrade .

Really just like that put of the blue . Have no idea if I can leave or what to do about it
    Originally posted by blinko

I was with Onestream, I ended up being without BB for over a month, think yourself lucky, so far.
    I left, they put a cease order on the line, which stopped me from leaving for over 10 days, my new provider then had to get the line back, which took another 10 days.
    Never had a reasonable reply to my problem, didn't answer emails, potential customers should avoid.

• Bighamps
    • By Bighamps 1st Aug 19, 3:27 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bighamps
    I've had a terrible time with them. The router they sent me is a crappy cheap Chinese router (Technicolour MediaAccess TG588v v2) which grinds to a halt and has to be rebooted hourly.

It's impossible to get through to tech on the phone, the live chat is always unattended and I have never received a reply to any email I have sent them.

I've now signed up with PlusNet and hope they take over my line quickly as OneStream are a nightmare company to deal with.

I'm guessing they won't be in business long because the amount of chargebacks they must be subject to will most likely result in their card facilities being removed.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 1st Aug 19, 4:46 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    The router they sent me is a crappy cheap Chinese router (Technicolour MediaAccess TG588v v2) which grinds to a halt and has to be rebooted hourly.
    Originally posted by Bighamps
    I'm afraid that the people who design Technicolor routers are not Chinese but French!

The World HQ is at
    Technicolor Delivery Technologies
    1-5 rue Jeanne d' A rc
    92130 Issy les Moulineaux
    France

And if memory serves right, they also manufacture the Plusnet Hub (And BT Hubs too which is all the Plusnet Hub is under its skin).
    • zac6x9
    • By zac6x9 20th Sep 19, 4:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zac6x9
    So far so strange
    TLDR: Cheap, broadband mostly works fine, organisation is woeful.
    I moved to Onestream in June from Talktalk who seem to have difficulty not overcharging (high ping as well)
    First point they are cheeeeep I am paying 11.99 including line rental for 17mb I can't get more as my number can't have fttc so paying for what I can get is fab (calls are extra but i don't use all my mins on my mobile)
    The router that they sent was appalling constant reboots and if 5 iphones (late teens what can you do) enter the house at once it just curls its toes up and dies.
    So I purchased Linksys Velop for the routing and a netgear dm200 modem to deal with the phone connection. An expensive but a permanent solution and deals well with the internal granite walls that make up my house.
    Over the last couple of weeks ping has intermittently not been great.
    Now to the story. Today my connection went down and my phone line as well ring tone but phone numbers dialled gave a long unobtainable tone. I got the bt splash screen for a working connection but no onward connection. Phoned onestream on my mobile long hold time gave it 20 mins or so and the phone was answered by a cheerful person who explained that I was due to be sent a new router today and when that was plugged in all would be well.
    She did not offer any other information. I suggested if she told me what the new password was I could put it in my existing setup and all would be well. She said she would email me that information, to be fair email arrived and new username and password worked. Ping is now a lot better and all is right at the moment
    New router (tg588v v2) has also arrived it is going nowhere near my working system.
    But I have also just had an email charging me 9.99 for the new router that I did not need and did not ask for I am now on hold so I thought I would type up my story so far. During this call my connection and phone line dropped they are now back up again and I am back on hold I am going to post this before I get cut off again. Second on hold was quicker 18mins (still not good) and apparently the 9.99 email is standard and not part of billing so i won't be charged. (I will see I suppose) second drop was explained as first day jitters.
    Last edited by zac6x9; 20-09-2019 at 5:11 PM.
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 20th Sep 19, 8:53 PM
    • 2,723 Posts
    • 1,013 Thanks
    sevenhills
    I've now signed up with PlusNet and hope they take over my line quickly as OneStream are a nightmare company to deal with.
    Originally posted by Bighamps

After around a month with no broadband I signed up with John Lewis, they were great.
    I complained to the Ombudsman and they have recomended that I get 270 in compensation from Onestream, just hope they follow the recomendation.
    Onestream didnt even reply to the ombudsman, so maybe they are toothless?

• sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 4th Nov 19, 11:51 AM
    • 2,723 Posts
    • 1,013 Thanks
    sevenhills
    After around a month with no broadband I signed up with John Lewis, they were great.
    I complained to the Ombudsman and they have recomended that I get 270 in compensation from Onestream, just hope they follow the recomendation.
    Onestream didnt even reply to the ombudsman, so maybe they are toothless?
    Originally posted by sevenhills

Got my 270 this week, its worthwhile complaining

• mrmexican123
    • By mrmexican123 7th Dec 19, 12:20 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrmexican123
    Onestreams (ISP Access) DSL Username and Password??
    Hi,

Does anyone know what the DSL username and password is for Onestream (ISP Access). Trying to set-up the a third party router over the weekend. Therefore Onestream's customer service is not open.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

169Posts Today

1,976Users online

Martin's Twitter