Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 9
    • payless
    • By payless 19th Apr 07, 8:08 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    however I've got to say on this one there is not a lot I could say to defend him except how can he possibly think its andrew or payless who are trawling the site for business - when - as they and I have already stated - they barely spend any time here anymore due to other commitments?
    Yes I spend less time on MSE, as you have pointed out a few times now. Is it due to other commitments ... not really .
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 19th Apr 07, 8:11 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Well as I have said repeatedly over recent months, its a shame all the old regulars are being replaced with new regulars and it would be nice to see you all putting your bit in again. Sometimes I feel like there is only me, herbiesjp and dunstonh who have stuck it out. I'm busy too and I've been to hell and back in the last 10 months but I still make as much time as I can
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • AndrewSmith
    • By AndrewSmith 19th Apr 07, 8:15 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    AndrewSmith
    Can I get front row seats? ... I actually live (currently) on the same road as pink ... perhaps if I sit on my roof I can peek in??
    Originally posted by payless
    Strange looking old building with the big PINK logo slapped on the front.

There are plans to move H/O into a newer building on one of the out of town business parks.

Wish I knew where you were a few months ago, I bloody drove to Lichfield late in the evening through a storm with a packaged app. Could have come in for a coffee pmsl.
  • kimbatty
    Well as I have said repeatedly over recent months, its a shame all the old regulars are being replaced with new regulars and it would be nice to see you all putting your bit in again. Sometimes I feel like there is only me, herbiesjp and dunstonh who have stuck it out. I'm busy too and I've been to hell and back in the last 10 months but I still make as much time as I can
    Originally posted by MortgageMamma
    But maybe you have more spare time than other people. When you are running a successful mortgage business maybe you don't have the time to trawl the boards as much as some other people because you're actually dealing with clients
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun

Don't mess with me sucker!!!

MSE squirrels club Member #2 - now where did I hide those nuts
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 19th Apr 07, 8:19 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    The pink building looks like some old council offices near where I live

they badly needed to get out of there for a bit more space (and prestige) I am told by someone very senior they are looking at the new office complex next to the holiday inn express
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • regularsaver1
    jeez what has this come to

I knew the one would be involved though
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 19th Apr 07, 8:22 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    But maybe you have more spare time than other people. When you are running a successful mortgage business maybe you don't have the time to trawl the boards as much as some other people because you're actually dealing with clients
    Originally posted by kimbatty
    Just because someone puts time into the site doesnt mean they have nothing to do or little business coming in. Some people could just be more organised and efficient than others, and have administrative help. I'm not critisiing andrew and payless for not being on the site anymore, I'm simply stating that it would be nice to see them/for the forum users to benefit from their expertise

I know as well as anyone that when you work from home and are alone most of the time this site can get addictive
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• kimbatty
    Think I might move to the Arms.( been a long time .. is AC still there??) .. have all the arguements dried up there these days

AC can't think who that is, there's an angelcake, is that who you mean ?

They still have their spats in there as in most online forums but between coming here to see who's arguing with who and going to the Arms, there's always a bit of light relief to be had

Endless amusement

• MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 19th Apr 07, 8:25 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Shall we all join in?

Quite frankly after reading all this, I'm might go back to watching Peppa Pig with my daughter
    Originally posted by herbiesjp

No herbs, the wonderpets are much more fun

lets go to work, teamwork, lets go to work teeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaamwork
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• kenshaz
    In fairness to Kenshaz ( and I've had my battles with him also in the past) all I recall him stating is that as Shameless should follow the rules by using a standardized signature , given she is now posting on the mortgage board as / soon will be an adviser .. things after that just got out of hand

perhaps if her threads were on the small business board ( or on a broker site like cherry ) the isssue would not have need be raised .

I sometimes think that geniune posters must be put off by the regular problems on the mortgage / investment boards
    Yes that is correct Payless,I requested that Shameless should follow the rules,and Martin has since confirmed that users should report such actions to the moderators for investigation.Well the rest is history ,the defense mechanism clicked in ,attempting to stifle criticism.
    Last edited by kenshaz; 19-04-2007 at 8:31 PM.
    To be happy you need to make someone happy.

• kimbatty
    I know as well as anyone that when you work from home and are alone most of the time this site can get addictive
    No I'll agree with you there MM, I spend more than my fair share on MSE and another addictive one. Some days I have to slap myself on the wrists to make me get on with some real work

• herbiesjp
    No herbs, the wonderpets are much more fun

lets go to work, teamwork, lets go to work teeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaamwork
    As long as it not "In the night Garden" - thats a bit freaky!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 19th Apr 07, 8:30 PM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    No I'll agree with you there MM, I spend more than my fair share on MSE and another addictive one. Some days I have to slap myself on the wrists to make me get on with some real work
    Likewise, there has been many a night I've been working at midnight to keep on top of things because I've dolly daydreamed my day away on here. I'm beginning to wonder if I am actually suited to being self employed at home - however I need to broaden my horizons I've got stuck in the habit of just being on the mortgage board, I might be really daring tommorow and go onto the families board, you know what they say, a change is as good as a rest
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• payless
    • By payless 19th Apr 07, 8:47 PM
    • 6,607 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    payless
    AC can't think who that is, there's an angelcake, is that who you mean ?

They still have their spats in there as in most online forums but between coming here to see who's arguing with who and going to the Arms, there's always a bit of light relief to be had

Endless amusement
    no just " ac" avatar of Jessica Rabbit, a right handful I believe... just looked, ahe's not been around a while
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 19th Apr 07, 9:08 PM
    • 98,581 Posts
    • 67,058 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Yes that is correct Payless,I requested that Shameless should follow the rules,and Martin has since confirmed that users should report such actions to the moderators for investigation.Well the rest is history ,the defense mechanism clicked in ,attempting to stifle criticism.
    Shameless is not currently authorised and not posting as a mortgage adviser. Therefore no rule breach has occured.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • kenshaz
    They have appointed me as a Mortgage Adviser - I have that in writing.

They have done the credit checks, etc, apparently, through the network. They haven't written to my two referees - but these are character references, not employment, since I have always been self-employed. They got my letter of reference from the Inland Revenue, since I requested that from the IR - to prove my self-employment.

Just have to do the Induction Week!

On the magazine subscription pages online it asks about the Company I will be working for etc. and if I have passed my CeMap. I have completed them, see what happens.
    Originally posted by shameless-about-money
    Please read the above post,they have appointed her as a mortgage adviser .
    This is an ideal opportunity to develop contacts and a pipe-line.
    I do not make the final decision and neither do you ,it is the responsibility of the moderators,and therefore I and others have the right to bring it to their attention without intimidation.
    Last edited by kenshaz; 19-04-2007 at 10:56 PM.
    To be happy you need to make someone happy.

• homer_j
    Kenshaz

Have you reported this to the mods?

If yes, please be the bigger person and stop getting the last word in and leave it down to the mods to do their job and decide. You are not judge and jury.

If you haven't please report this minute and then let them do their job rather than keep trying to prove a point which is not yours to decide is right or wrong.

Clearly you have made your feelings clear as others have made theirs to you so can we please put a close on who is right or wrong by allowing the mods to take any action they feel necessary?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 19th Apr 07, 10:58 PM
    • 8,116 Posts
    • 42,310 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    I have closed this thread.

We have a code of conduct - that we all spent a long time agreeing.

If people are breaking it please report them.

If people aren't breaking it or the site rules - don't report them.

This is NOT the place for talking about he does she does - we have agreed rules; lets follow them and report those who don't.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,880Posts Today

8,350Users online

Martin's Twitter