Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • carlrac
    • By carlrac 1st Dec 06, 5:28 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 3Thanks
    carlrac
    Dont Be Put Off By Advice
    • 1st Dec 06, 5:28 PM
    Dont Be Put Off By Advice 1st Dec 06 at 5:28 PM
    A couple of months back I logged a couple of different threads relating to my need to remortgage to clear outstanding debts,currently being dealt with via a dmp with the CCCS.I have 2 defaults & a credit score of 485 which is classed as very poor.I was advised by several people on this column that I would be lucky to find another lender willing to lend below a rate of 8% & lucky to even to find one to lend at all!:confused:
    Well,with nothing to lose but thinking I may be wasting my time,I tried London & Country & to my amazment they come back with a mortgage with the Abbey at a rate of 4.88% which we have now been formally offered,which I am over the moon with.
    So anyone in a similar boat dont take everything you read on here as gospel go to a broker to see how the land really lies.
Page 7
  • AndyWallace
    This thread has become about as much use as a Betamax. Or am I the only one old enough to know what that is?
    Regards

X
    by Xbigman
    Oh My God, I bet you even know what an 8-track is don't you?
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 8:01 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    I'll get the cane out....

...you still want that cup of tea?
    by dunstonh
    I was coming for the after eight mints and curlie wurlies. I promise to behave from now on sir
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 8:02 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Oh My God, I bet you even know what an 8-track is don't you?
    by AndyWallace
    Whats an eight track I'm only 30...

come to think of it, whats a betamax, sounds like a brand of cough medicine.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • whiteflag
    Whats an eight track I'm only 30...
    by MortgageMamma
    Ill give you a clue-

My pals dad was a bit flash , he even had an 8 track in his Cortina, When we got the chance to use it, Sparks was our favourite!!

• MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 9:47 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    erm.............an eight cassette in car radio player thingy?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• whiteflag
    Well done! It was a bit like VCR in the dashboard ( only played 8 tracks though). Wonder why they didnt catch on?:confused:
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 9:53 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    God you must be REALLY OLD....a cortina..WOW ;-)
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• whiteflag
    God you must be REALLY OLD....a cortina..WOW ;-)
    by MortgageMamma
    Easy tiger!

If you watched "Life on Mars" that was the world I grew up in - note grew up in . I was in the back seat not driving!
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 10:01 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    No I dont remember life on mars. Saying that my parents force fed me books. I stil cant spel thow. I do remember watching Captain Nemo, He Man, She-Ra and Inspector Gadget rather a lot though!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• whiteflag
    No I dont remember life on mars. Saying that my parents force fed me books. I stil cant spel thow. I do remember watching Captain Nemo, He Man, She-Ra and Inspector Gadget rather a lot though!
    by MortgageMamma
    Life on Mars was on this year !- your memories not that bad is it! Cant believe you missed one of the best series for years.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 10:11 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Never even heard of it, but i did watch coast - which was brilliant. Perhaps we should continue this off thread, before someone comes along with schoolyard comments again.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• whiteflag
    . Perhaps we should continue this off thread, before someone comes along with schoolyard comments again.
    by MortgageMamma
    Bring em on!!!!!!!!!
  • _Andy_
    This is an absolute joke - could you tell me why it's perfectly acceptable for YOU to make nasty little comments to people who work in the call centre industry Ken?
    You've proved with your posts regarding mortgages that all your 'view' consists of is posting links to articles.
    by _Andy_
    Still waiting for your response ken.
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 11:41 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    He won't respond Andy. he will just post another irrelevant link. I went to pains yesterday to get him to explain himself in his own words, yet clearly he is incapable of doing so. I really think he is out of his depths now, he knows nothing of the industry or how it operates, and he knows nothing of us personally, so just view his attacks as just that - unprovoked attacks at someone who looks like easy prey to target. Like a mugger attacking a pregnant woman for example.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• _Andy_
    Agreed - well according to Ken, anyone who works in a call centre is on the minimum wage and always works nights, for example. LMAO!
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 11:48 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Well, I wish it was me you were taking to San Fransisco tommorow andy. You must have saved for years to pay for that, particularly your first class flight, being on min wage and everything ;-)
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• _Andy_
    LMAO - yep direct subprime mortgage sales only pays £5.35 per hour and I have to work 10pm - 6am 7 days a week
    • MortgageMamma
    • By MortgageMamma 6th Dec 06, 11:51 AM
    • 6,495 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    MortgageMamma
    Oh you poor thing. You'll be selling the big issue next. Come and work for MortgageMamma in April.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• _Andy_
    Still waiting for your response ken.
    by _Andy_
    ...still waiting. I'm surprised you haven't 'responded' by providing me a link to L&C
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,286Posts Today

8,647Users online

Martin's Twitter