Santander New Card Designs and Release Date

JGUK
JGUK Posts: 222 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
edited 14 November 2019 at 8:22PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Was coming on here to ask if anyone had seen the new Mastercard designs for Santander for their consumer, business, select and private lines but it seems this PDF has them all shown (not sure how official this link is or whether they just forgot to take the PDF down);

https://relay.cajs.co.uk/7cf85a48/Santander_Debit_Mastercard.pdf

Has anyone got one of these cards yet, I'm still on a VISA Debit card - have a Mastercard Credit Card with them though.

Thanks
Thanks
JG

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,409 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    From looking around.
    When it was announced in May this year..
    Customers will begin to receive cards from the beginning of next year, as part of a four-year reissuing programme and an eight-year agreement with Mastercard

Changing from one card provider to another is a massive task. Staff training, updating systems, card production etc.
    So can often have delays.
    Been there when we switched from Meastro to Visa, now Mastercard coming at some point (told this year, but now delayed). When they can fit it in with everything else.
    Life in the slow lane
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    JGUK wrote: »
    Has anyone got one of these cards yet, I'm still on a VISA Debit card - have a Mastercard Credit Card with them though.

From the document you mentioned: 'The new Santander Mastercard Debit cards will be launched in Q2 2019.'

I think that date has slipped.

My Santander debit card was replaced in August 2019 because my previous one expired.

The new card is Visa and has an expiry date of April 2021. That's the second quarter of 2021.

Swings and roundabout with Visa v Mastercard.

For example: minimum chargeback amount for Mastercard is £10. There's no minimum for Visa.
  • JGUK
    JGUK Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Apparently they've started issuing the VISA debit cards with a shorter expiry date on them and people have been told its due to the switch so I guess its coming soon!!

Was your previous debit card longer than two years? That would back that story up.
    Thanks
    JG
  • SnowTiger
    JGUK wrote: »
    Apparently they've started issuing the VISA debit cards with a shorter expiry date on them and people have been told its due to the switch so I guess its coming soon!!

Was your previous debit card longer than two years? That would back that story up.

I don't remember how long my previous Santander debit card was valid for.

Looking back through my records, the first transaction using the account was on 31st December 2015.

My new card is issue 02, valid from August 2019 until April 2021.

Cards usually run for whole years, therefore I'd guess my previous card (issue 01) ran from August 2015 until August 2019.
  • Is it still the red debit card?
  • SnowTiger
    Is it still the red debit card?

Yes. My new card's design appears to be the same as my previous card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure