Sainsburys

I'm looking at the 0% cards.

My credit score is good, but I have been declined for a few cards in the past (probably because I tried to have too many to use for stoozing) and Sainsburys was one of them.

Should I not even bother trying for this one now because I have been declined in the past?
Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
(End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
(End 2022) - Target £116,213.81

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your credit score is made up and meaningless. Lenders will look at your credit files - what do they show?

What credit do you have? Poor repayment history? Large debts? Large existing limits? Insufficient income?

Check all three files.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Your credit score is made up and meaningless. Lenders will look at your credit files - what do they show?

What credit do you have? Poor repayment history? Large debts? Large existing limits? Insufficient income?

Check all three files.

Fair enough. Thank you.

At the moment, I have two credit cards. One is maxed out, but the money is in savings until the 0% is up. The other has about £75 on it out of a £6,000 limit.

The only other debt are my mortgages.

So I guess my question wasn't anything to do with credit score, but more to do with if you have rejected for a credit card with a certain company, will this work against you in the future to get on with that company?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I'm looking at the 0% cards.

...Should I not even bother trying for this one now because I have been declined in the past?
    ...So I guess my question wasn't anything to do with credit score, but more to do with if you have rejected for a credit card with a certain company, will this work against you in the future to get on with that company?
    If you have had too many 'hard' searches reported on your credit file, in a short space of time, then a lender could look at your application negatively. If you've waited a good six to nine months, then there shouldn't be a problem.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family