Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• cranford
    cranford Posts: 797
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Stoke, don't forget that Avro take a DD in advance of supply and hold on to it, especially if you joined them just before the winter months.
  • Zither
    Zither Posts: 365
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 15 November 2017 at 5:59AM
    I’ve just joined Avro. The switch process was a painless and very quiet process - just two emails to say ‘thanks for deciding to switch’ and ‘can you please enter your meter readings on the website’. Took about 4 weeks overall.

I also had a DD taken up front but guess it’s just part of the Ts+Cs...

I’ll just also add that Avro’s website is the most basic of the basic. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but if you’re coming from a company with super smart interactive graphs and stuff you might get a bit of a shock! I like it - it just tells me what I’ve used and how much I’ve paid. But you can tell they’re a relative newcomer to the market.
  • admars
    admars Posts: 12
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    British Gas has finally admitted that something has gone wrong in their end...
    I have investigated your account and can see the withdrawal is stuck in our systems. When customers move from one supplier to another information is sent through electron files. Some of these files are missing.

not sure what an electron file is ;)

So, my experience of Avro has been good, their customer services have got back to me quickly, we'll see what happens in a year or so should I want to switch.
  • My experience in switching to AVRO from BG is similar to the two contributors above - no problems and all relatively smooth. I have not received my final bills yet from BG after a 27/10 switch, but early days.
  • admars wrote: »
    British Gas has finally admitted that something has gone wrong in their end...

not sure what an electron file is ;)

So, my experience of Avro has been good, their customer services have got back to me quickly, we'll see what happens in a year or so should I want to switch.

Probably a very small file? :rotfl:
  • I switched Gas and Electric hoping make a save of £420 per annum. Website is basic but usable.
    I have supplied my readings. I will watch and see how it goes. Switch seems painless to date.
  • Bugg
    Bugg Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This company provides one estimate on the MoneySavingExpert.com, however once I went onto their own website, I found that instead of a saving > £500, it would cost me extra £400, should I switch.

I think they have wasted my time and energy (including electricity to power my computer).
  • Update on my switch from BG to AVRO.

Still happy with the switch, 2nd DD taken on schedule by AVRO, no alteration to amount as some might have feared.

BG online account still available and got email from them a few days ago to say final bills are available. Checked them out to see that BG end meter readings not the same as the figures I gave AVRO on switch day (see posting a little earlier where someone explains why this can happen).

I was in credit on the gas by ~£40 and in debit on elec by ~£18 using these estimated final meter figures. The bills showed a discount as promised to make up the difference between billing at the SVT compared to the outgoing discount rate - not bothered doing detailed sums as they look well within ballpark amounts.

The ~£40 credit was paid the day after the email arrived (OK BG - well done) and, as yet, there is no sign of being billed the £18. I expect it around the 5th Dec when I would have normally had the DD taken out.

As to the difference in the meter readings used by BG and those supplied by me to AVRO, I decided to wait until the DD goes through for the debit and then query both BG and AVRO to see if they are using the same altered meter readings at each end. I wanted the money in the can before I gave BG an excuse to delay any payment and argue if necessary afterwards! If the meter readings are the same ... no problem (actually OK as original discounted BG tariff was cheaper than AVRO tariff). If AVRO are using my supplied meter readings figure and BG using the higher readings I'll pursue it, as in effect I will be paying for the difference twice!

All in all - getting closer to my goal of getting rid of BG as one headache over the last few years I can happily do without and no negative feelings so far with chosing AVRO.
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Having now completed my switch from Avro to Powershop I can only praise Avro's efficiency in closing off my account. Powershop started supplying from 31/10, closing readings were verified/agreed on 13/11, Avro's final bill was available by 20/11 and the small refund due was in my bank account on 23/10
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,134
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My switch from EDF to Avro is supposed to take place on 30th November according to Avro. 1st DD was taken 20th October as expected. So far so good.

On Monday 20th November I received email from EDF 'We're sorry you've left for another supplier'. On 21st I received the same email again. I've heard nothing from Avro, but I didn't expect to.

Should I be concerned?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure