Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Kazza242
Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

**Please note: The list of ISAs I have compiled below is continually updated. New ISAs are added as they launch and withdrawn ISAs will be removed from the list. **

The current Cash ISA limit is £20,000 for the 2024/25 tax year.

**As with any financial product, before opening an ISA do ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions.**

Variable Rate Cash ISAs for 'new money' only (i.e. they don't accept transfers in):

All rates are subject to change without notice. Please check all rates and terms before investing.

This list is updated regularly, but if you can think of an Cash ISA I have missed please do post it on the thread.
Please call me 'Kazza'.

Comments

• SeanW
    SeanW Posts: 322 Forumite
    Bradford & Bingley eISA, 5.55%, £1000 minimum, rate guaranteed to match BoE base rate until June 2007, accepts transfer in.
  • SeanW
    SeanW Posts: 322 Forumite
    Bradford & Bingley eISA, 5.55%, £1000 minimum, rate guaranteed to match BoE base rate until June 2007, accepts transfer in.
  • Mr_Mumble
    Mr_Mumble Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Superb work Kazza. :T

For those looking for a longer term perhaps this 4 year deal:
      Halifax Fixed Rate ISA Saver - 6.00%
      Minimum deposit: £3,000. Max £33,000. Transfers in requests accepted. Earlier access on closure only on 30 day notice + 180 day loss of interest.
      "The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else." -- Frederic Bastiat, 1848.
    • humfer
      humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
      Great post kazza. Someone should make this a sticky. Still planning to transfer my A&L to Abbey, but my new money 07/08 now looks like its heading to Barclays and not NS&I anymore. I wonder if we will see any other banks/building societys upping their game before the end of the tax year....
    • Abbey is looking good for me aswell.

I'm just wondering what to do with 07-08 allowance, have noted a few people transferring and opening new ISA's.. Is it not be more beneficial to put it into your existing ISA as the balance will be higher?
    • Technaut
      Technaut Posts: 38 Forumite
      thanks for posting this. I have spent the best part of the day fretting over which one to choose and have been all over the internet looking. Its good to have them all in one place to compare
    • RayWolfe
      RayWolfe Posts: 3,045 Forumite
      Combo Breaker First Post
      Well done Kazza.
      Will you undertake to do one for after 6th April for those of us who are already committed for 2006/7? ;-)
    • Kazza242
      RayWolfe wrote: »
      Well done Kazza.
      Will you undertake to do one for after 6th April for those of us who are already committed for 2006/7? ;-)

If I've recovered from my RSI by then, then maybe ;-)
      Please call me 'Kazza'.
    • Kazza242
      jenyking wrote: »
      Abbey is looking good for me aswell.

I'm just wondering what to do with 07-08 allowance, have noted a few people transferring and opening new ISA's.. Is it not be more beneficial to put it into your existing ISA as the balance will be higher?

In some cases you are right, it can be more beneficial, especially if the new 07/08 allowance takes the total ISA balance up to e.g. £9K or above (qualifying amount for the 5.75% rate from Abbey). This year there seem to be more competitive 'new money' isa's available, which tend to offer better rates that those that accept transfers in.

At the moment my total isa balance is with one provider, but this year I will open a 'new money' ISA because the difference in rate makes it worthwhile.
      Please call me 'Kazza'.
    • Kazza242
      As some people have asked me to request that this thread be made a sticky I have done so. I intend to update the list as new ISA's are launched/withdrawn.
      Please call me 'Kazza'.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173K Life & Family
    • 247.8K Travel & Transport
    • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure