PayPal credit...

13»

Comments

• john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    My DD be for the minimum is always taken. Any limit set is your limit forever as they don!!!8217;t accept credit limit increase or automatic ones, obviously in time this might change but I!!!8217;ve had an account since it!!!8217;s beginning in the UK and it!!!8217;s policy hasn!!!8217;t changed in that time.

John
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    To waste ours?
  • Samsung_Note2
    Samsung_Note2 Posts: 774 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2018 at 5:21PM
    Just to correct you, but Paypal on eBay gives buyer protection for 180 days.

Also, I can't see why you are saying using Paypal Credit for items over £100 wouldn't be covered by section 75 protection, there is nothing I can see that would prevent it. Are you confusing Paypal Credit with normal Paypal funded from a credit card?

Ok firstly i can only tell you what paypal have told me and its 60 days..please feel free to call then check that.

Yes its 100% that S75 is not covered...its not a credit card and you are not covered,again please call them and ask,you will be told the same as i was...no S75.

Id be happy if they did as could go back to Paypal and shove it in there face...but when they they say no they say no and not an awful lot you can do about it.
  • I've found this is most useful when eBay have promos on. For example they've had a recent deal (21st Sept to 21st Oct) where spending over £99 via PayPal credit is 0% for 12 months.

As a very much sub-prime borrower, that's waaay better than I get get anywhere else. Although I've now maxed my £250 limit out, so that'll be that for a year!

Also Third Party companies (mostly Tech companies IMO) offering 'cheap' credit (anything <20% for me is cheap at the moment!)

Anyone know their limit increase strategy? I know you can't request, but I've opted in to auto increases. I'm hoping in a month or so they'll twig that I'm maxed out and give me a bit more cash!!
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    I've found this is most useful when eBay have promos on. For example they've had a recent deal (21st Sept to 21st Oct) where spending over £99 via PayPal credit is 0% for 12 months.

As a very much sub-prime borrower, that's waaay better than I get get anywhere else. Although I've now maxed my £250 limit out, so that'll be that for a year!

Also Third Party companies (mostly Tech companies IMO) offering 'cheap' credit (anything <20% for me is cheap at the moment!)

Anyone know their limit increase strategy? I know you can't request, but I've opted in to auto increases. I'm hoping in a month or so they'll twig that I'm maxed out and give me a bit more cash!!

I’ve had PayPal credit over 2 years and they’ve never increased the limit. The most I’ve ever spend was £350 and my limit is £2000 guess they don’t think I need anymore.
  • Hi everyone,

Can you pay of small amount of what you borrowed during the 4 months of interest free credit or do you have to pay for it in one go?

Also will paypal carry out a hard search in applying for credit? Reason I ask is that I applied for a credit card in August which i got accpeted for and dont want to be seen to apply for to much credit.
    Tempted as my laptops bust my desktops isnt of much use!

Thank you.
  • Hi everyone,

Can you pay of small amount of what you borrowed during the 4 months of interest free credit or do you have to pay for it in one go?

Also will paypal carry out a hard search in applying for credit? Reason I ask is that I applied for a credit card in August which i got accpeted for and dont want to be seen to apply for to much credit.

Thank you.

I can't speak from personal experience, but pretty much every credit application I've ever heard of will result in a hard search on your file, so I would expect PayPal to be no exception. Making 1-2 credit applications in a short time frame should be okay, as long as you don't plan to make too many more for a while after.
  • cjv
    cjv Posts: 513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Yes you can pay as much or as little as you like each month (at least the minimum) as long as you pay it off within the 4 months it will be interest free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure