DIRECT DEBIT PROBLEMS- reverse? helpppp please

Options
logged on to internet banking today and noticed my gasd company had taken £300 + out of my account without any letter to confirm this before hand?!! now im in my overdraft and will no doubt end up having charges as more bills are due out soon...i contacted them asking why etc, they said a letter would of been sent out to me advising of the amount,which i have neevr reieved to this date hence why i was so shocked to see the payment come out today!!

he said a simple way to sort it would be to go the bank and ask them to do an indemnity claim which then would mean the bank would put the money straight back in to my account.. i went to the bank was informed this cannot happen there is no way they can refund the money jkust like that....he wasnt very helpful at all then he said write a letter and we will send it off and they will dispute it??!!

Is there anything i can do to get this money back sooner as surely its not right for that money to come out!?...isnt therte something under the direct debit guarantee which is supposed to stop thisz from happening!

would be very grateful for any advice

thank you in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family