PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,395
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Home cooked fish and chips
    Hm lemon drizzle cake
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I've just put in an oxtail casserole with 1kg of oxtail I bought YS in Tesco this week. Bit cross as many of the pieces are the tail end of the errr...tail, so very little, if any meat. I know oxtail can be bomey obviously but would have been nice to have more meat from the top ends. I guess that's why it was YS.
    have put in a tin of toms while it cooks, and will bulk out with casserole veg (frozen bag) too. At least the boney bits should impart some flavour.

Not actually sure what dinner will be tonight as this is being cooked up for the freezer / mid week
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,023
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have splashed out on a weekend treat, and we will be having fillet steak with chips, peas, onion rings and garlicky mushrooms, followed by a home made apple and caramel tarte tatin with ice cream.

I have never (touch wood) had a bad steak from Aldi, they are always incredibly tender and full of flavour.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Rump steak, mushrooms, tomato, onion and potato slices.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,487
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hope you are all warm and safe, looks like we flew out just in time, we are currently making the most of Cadiz, it is blooming lovely

Food heaven

55408920-3_B56-43_A7-_AF10-39196_C4095_DA.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,888
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    We were going to an outdoor event today but as it!!!8217;s been postponed DH is making chicken korma.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Had the other curry last night, vegetable masala, with pilau rice and a flat bread...all from the freezer. Also heated up a couple of meatballs that were in there.

Was supposed to be running a half marathon today but they've had to cancel due to the weather. Totally understandable but nonetheless disappointing, esp when it wasn't cancelled until this morning.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,581
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I've pumped up an Adli pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers and oregano.
    Actually, I pimped the pizza. :o

Had planned to go for a Chinese meal today with friends but all Stagecoach buses in our area are suspended. :eek:
    I've never known this before.
    So - we can't get into town (7 miles) and I guess we're going to have to cancel. :(

Even if they do main roads only - as they did a couple of weeks ago - it would mean a 3/4 mile walk up to the village bus station and I wouldn't trust the buses to keep running.
  • Last of the beef gravy soup for lunch then duck breast (freezer), marinaded in balsamic with saute peas and something with s/potato & celeriac - mash? rosti? Got to go out after soup so will do all prep when I return. Got kangaroo sausages from freezer to defrost and roast all 6, then refreeze in pairs for quick meals in future.
  • Only a slight dusting of snow here in west Wales today so we managed to get into town to do the weekly food shop.

Tonight we'll be having slow roasted shoulder of lamb, with baby potatoes, roasted parsnips, carrots, broccoli, peas, yorkies, mint sauce and gravy. A rm individual tiramisu each for pud.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback