And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Karmacat wrote: »
    And a Happy Saturday to you, PP, you've been busy again on the Friday!

I'm glad your DD is taking things in her stride - great that she's talking with you about this stuff. Life is difficult for young adults now, and no mistake.

But trying to stay on the upside ... I'm loving cordless vacuums :):):)

I think it may change my life Karma :rotfl: The old one was spitting out more bits than it was picking up!
    Hope you're having a nice weekend and that you're not too weary after all your gardening and clutter clearing :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Evening :wave:

What a beautiful day - never ceases to amaze me how a bit of sun raises your spirits and your energy levels:). I've had a day where I just wanted to get things done which is just as well as I'm back at work on Monday and tomorrow is earmarked for all things school related :eek:

In money news I've had a nsd and my eBay bids are up to £43.50 with one day left to go:j. It'll be nice to have something to os during the mid month lull but it'll also be nice to declutter at least 11 unused items:)

I've had a really productive day:). I had a couple of hours with dad this morning before the carer arrived which was nice. He's not managing his few little independent tasks anymore which is sad but he's always so pleased to see you. He was particularly pleased to see me this morning as I took him a lemon tart out of the freezer for his elevensies :rotfl: Once home I had breakfast with the kids and then just pottered in the kitchen as dd had a rare day at home and wanted to chat so all in all a lovely morning:)

The sc has earned its keep today as it was one thing out, a quick wash and another thing in! My freezer stocks of easy family meals was low, lots of individual bits of lo but no batches of anything. As I'd stocked up on pulses in hb I did various veggie dishes which we like, are really healthy and are as cheap as chips :D. I did braised red cabbage and apples overnight using the last of the 19p S6 cabbages (glad I took advantage as the S6 offers since have been rubbish - a whole 3p off carrots this week:mad:). I used the FP to chop a load of onions and grate a load of carrots and got a batch of veggie Bolognese done which is now in veggie lasagnes in the freezer and a batch of veggie chilli which is cooling so I'll bag that up tomorrow. I've just put veggie shepherds pie filling on low to cook overnight using some rather old puy lentils I found at the back of the cupboard. Hope they taste ok :eek: I'm jiggered now but I'll have no cooking to do once I'm back at work which will be a huge help.

Other mfw successes included ;

Cleaned living room windows. When I'm mf I'm going to get a window cleaner :)

Filled green bin with branches - had two huge piles but only have one now :j

Swept the patio and the decking - saw a hedgehog scuttling under the decking this morning so I was extra quiet :)

Poured weedkiller on the b****d shrub I've been trying to dig up for what feels like forever :eek:

Changed my bed and got everything line dried and back on.

Did two loads of laundry and got one dry and the other is on the airers.

Repotted my radishes and planted two trays of rocket

Lunch was hm leek and potato soup and dinner was odds and ends omelettes with baked potatoes.

I'm off to hop into my nice clean bed with a cup of sleepy tea and my book as I'm on dad duty in the morning so I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed :)

Happy Saturday to you :):)

PP xx
  • You had a busy and very productive day PP.

Ive just bought a new hoover after years of battling with my old one trying to get it to actually pick up stuff!

Have a great Sunday.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Wow - I'm tired just reading your ta-da list PP! - No wonder you were ready for bed!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • pinkypig
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Wow - I'm tired just reading your ta-da list PP! - No wonder you were ready for bed!

Hello Rtandon :wave: thank for popping in :). You've clearly spotted I'm not great at pacing myself:p :rotfl:
    Hope you've had a good weekend :)
  • pinkypig
    edited 15 April 2018 at 10:32PM

I've had a much easier day :). I spent the morning with dad which was nice followed by an afternoon of school work which was less nice but at least it's done!

Other than that I've been for a run, read, watched a couple of episodes of Macella and taxied the kids here and there and had a nice family dinner :)

In money news I've had a small grocery spend on milk and a 10p loaf of crusty bread. I've cut it in half and out one bit in the freezer so it should do the kid's breakfasts this week as they tend to have toast and a bit of fruit. My eBay sales finished and I made £85.80:j. Packing was so much easier using the self seal bags which worked out at 0.5p each:money:

Lo are defrosting for tomorrow 's lunches and ds's sandwiches are made so I'm off for an early night in anticipation of my return to work :eek:

Happy Sunday to you :)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    You had a busy and very productive day PP.

Ive just bought a new hoover after years of battling with my old one trying to get it to actually pick up stuff!

Have a great Sunday.

It's almost a pleasure to hoover now :rotfl: it was also a gift from an impulse buying rellie who claims it was too sma!l:p. Their loss is our gain!!

Hope you've had a lovely Sunday too xx
  • Good luck with the return to work tomorrow. Are you I'm full ye6 horror mode now? I remember you have a mixed class, but can't remember if it's 4/5 or 5/6.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig

Poor, neglected diary - I've been without my tablet for two days and I find posting from my phone frustrating beyond belief!

I've survived three days back at work ( yes Wish it is SATs hell for a while :() and it's been ok, in fact its good to be back. I must confess to being very tired though:o. I've kept my marking up to date and have done an inset evening so that's probably why!

In money news I've os £70 of eBay money and hopefully have more come once an echeque has cleared. I've also had three nsd :j. We now have one banana and a tin of grapefruit so fruit is needed tomorrow.

Other mfw and generally lifestyle successes have included;

Swallowed three frogs by way of two forms and a letter. Glad they're done.

Very thrifty meals. Ys bread has done the kid's breakfast all week and two packed lunches, I've had porridge and Lunch for dd and I have been lo. Dinners have all been batch cooked from the freezer - such a relief on a busy week :)

All laundry up to date and line dried

Weights class done Monday, spin Tues and a short run today

Kids are on great form :)

Stuff in propogators all germinated but need repotting soon

Gorgeous weather:j. Planning a very long,challenging mountain walk that needs good weather for the weekend - very excited :)

Happy hump day :)

PP xx
  • No wonder you are tired pp. all that on return to work week. Slow down....
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure