Future Energy Administration

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    DStrongman wrote: »

What happens if you just don't pay?

Your credit rating will probably take a hit, and you will be taken to Court.
  • My "estimate" usage was also way higher than what my records show... I would also double-check the Unit Rates in that invoice letter. Mine were a bit higher than in my contract with FutureEnergy.

I am very disappointed how this is relatively simple issue of collecting the outstanding balance is handled by CDS Global. It is the matter of principle for me to force CDS Global doing this right, so not going to pay until all the calculations are based on actual readings and correct rates. :-/
  • System
    My "estimate" usage was also way higher than what my records show... I would also double-check the Unit Rates in that invoice letter. Mine were a bit higher than in my contract with FutureEnergy.

I am very disappointed how this is relatively simple issue of collecting the outstanding balance is handled by CDS Global. It is the matter of principle for me to force CDS Global doing this right, so not going to pay until all the calculations are based on actual readings and correct rates. :-/

Welcome to the forum. Given that Future Energy no longer exists and it is under Administration, who do you believe should be collecting all outstanding balances? It goes without saying that the amount claimed should be accurate, but that is not the same as saying that the use of estimates is flawed. For example, even when an actual meter reading is provided on switch, it can be changed to an estimate by the Data Collectors who verify transfer meter readings.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. Given that Future Energy no longer exists and it is under Administration, who do you believe should be collecting all outstanding balances? It goes without saying that the amount claimed should be accurate, but that is not the same as saying that the use of estimates is flawed. For example, even when an actual meter reading is provided on switch, it can be changed to an estimate by the Data Collectors who verify transfer meter readings.

You are right, somebody should be collecting all outstanding balances, but not the random amount of money though. If it is CDS Global's job to collect the outstanding balance why not to do it right? They have access to our accounts with all the meter readings (automatically reported by a "smart" meter in my case). They also know our Unit Rates and the amount payed in. It is a simple equation to calculate the outstanding balance really.

I believe the "estimate" approach was taken to charge people more. The rationale is clear -- most people would not have records of their meter readings and/or time to check them against the estimates. In my eyes it is "unfair" way to do business, so I requested the correct calculation.
  • System

I believe the "estimate" approach was taken to charge people more. .

Websites/forums do not offer posters protection from prosecution. I am not sure that suggesting that a company is producing estimates for financial gain is a particularly sensible thing to post. They have a reputation to protect.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    Websites/forums do not offer posters protection from prosecution. I am not sure that suggesting that a company is producing estimates for financial gain is a particularly sensible thing to post. They have a reputation to protect.

This one does, as no one knows the true identity of posters here.
    All you need is a free, disposable, email address to sign up here, so everyone is completely anonymous.

However, the site itself could be sued if they, or anyone they allow (such as an MSE forum member) publishes something on this site that is illegal, libellous, defaming, etc.

So if you have any issues with what has been posted, please alert the forumteam, so that they can review, and if they deem it appropriate, remove any offending post.
    [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

It is best not to comment on offending posts, just report and ignore :)
  • System
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    This one does, as no one knows the true identity of posters here.
    All you need is a free, disposable, email address to sign up here, so everyone is completely anonymous.

However, the site itself could be sued if they, or anyone they allow (such as an MSE forum member) publishes something on this site that is illegal, libellous, defaming, etc.

So if you have any issues with what has been posted, please alert the forumteam, so that they can review, and if they deem it appropriate, remove any offending post.
    [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

It is best not to comment on offending posts, just report and ignore :)

Thanks for your advice. I just wonder why many forums now carry messages similar to this:

NOTICE: You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Recent high-profile defamation events illustrate that there are ways in which third parties can force personal data, including contents of personal messages, to be released by bulletin board owners. Be careful - libelous/defamatory posts can and have landed members in legal hot water. XXX will not guarantee your anonymity in such situations.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice. I just wonder why many forums now carry messages similar to this:

NOTICE: You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Recent high-profile defamation events illustrate that there are ways in which third parties can force personal data, including contents of personal messages, to be released by bulletin board owners. Be careful - libelous/defamatory posts can and have landed members in legal hot water. XXX will not guarantee your anonymity in such situations.

I can only identify a couple with that notice.

The main one appears to be https://www.pprune.org/ (The Professional Pilots Rumour Network)
    It's not immediately clear how they would identify any of their users, but perhaps (and I've not read their forum) the nature of their particular forum, and so the content posts made there, could identify those who post ... at least to those in the know. ;)

The other forum is a minnow, and probably created by a user of the above, who just blindly copied over the notice.
  • System
    WhoIsThat wrote: »
    The other forum is a minnow, and probably created by a user of the above, who just blindly copied over the notice.

Quote: You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum. Unquote

The UK Justice Forum

All that said, I accept that most forum owners and/or hosts who receive a letter from a solicitor threatening action under the The Defamation Act will hope that the simple act of deleting the offending post/s will bring an end to the matter. Best we let this thread get back on topic.
  • totalguitar
    totalguitar Posts: 166 Forumite
    Out of interest what is the correct email address to reply to ? I used FutureEnergyAdmin@CDS.org.uk as a guess and it hasn't bounced but i've also received no reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure